PDA

View Full Version : Exactfit belts...soon available in uk.

utopia
22-03-2015, 10:56 AM
Spotted this info on the other forum (sorry, I was bored, I seldom go there).
Unfortunately, the thread went a little haywire and was closed.
Since I have a lot of respect for Chris Kelley at CA Cycleworks, I thought I'd try to redress the balance somewhat by posting the info on this forum (where perhaps we are a little more civilised).
So, here it is.....

http://www.exactuk.com/

Dave G
22-03-2015, 12:05 PM
It'll be good to get a choice in belt suppliers though I suspect they won't get too much business here unless there's a significant price difference from the Ducati supplied ones. They've been mentioned on the U.S. forums for a while so can't imagine any controversy over their use on our engines.

Dirty
22-03-2015, 01:18 PM
Excellent news. I'll be using them.

damien666
22-03-2015, 01:35 PM
I've got some from CA Cycleworks, to fit in next few weeks.
There's a good price advantage for 4v motors.
Last night i ordered the harmonic belt tension tool from www.motoreva.com will have to wait a couple of weeks for it to arrive.
Before i get shot down, i know you can get a free guitar tuning app. Just feel more confident with this equipment. Will pay for itself after a few belt changes.

Dukedesmo
22-03-2015, 01:36 PM
It'll be interesting to see how much they are, especially given Ducati's recent rationalisation* of belt prices that brought the 2v belts up to almost the same price as the more expensive 4v belts.

* Ducati's 'solution' to the often asked; "why are 2v belts half the price of 4v despite being just a little shorter but otherwise basically the same?" question...

jerry
22-03-2015, 06:53 PM
now Ducati are owned by VW they want us to throw the bike away and buy a new one every 6 years like their crummy cars thats why the spares prices have been ''rationalised '' through the roof.

Darren69
22-03-2015, 07:13 PM
yeah, before when it was just Ducati it was like 4v owners must be richer so they can afford to pay more even though the belts are only a few teeth longer but now we're all as bad cos Ducati don't use belts anymore with the superquadro engine we need to keep up or pay the price!

Wildfire
22-03-2015, 08:18 PM
now Ducati are owned by VW they want us to throw the bike away and buy a new one every 6 years like their crummy cars thats why the spares prices have been ''rationalised '' through the roof.

With the PCP deals and number of Panigale 899's I've been seeing about, I reckon there is going to be an influx of second hand Ducati's in 3 years.

Dirty
22-03-2015, 09:51 PM
With the PCP deals and number of Panigale 899's I've been seeing about, I reckon there is going to be an influx of second hand Ducati's in 3 years.

Happy days :)