PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Wigan

DeputyMitchell
15-03-2015, 06:38 PM
I'm a soon to be owner of a 2009 1100s in white. I'm collecting from Nottingham on Saturday and looking forward to it!! I currently have a Harlry Iron 883 converted to 1200 with Stage 1 and keeping it as I FRICKING love the thing. However, I've fallen head over heels with the Monstr and I've gone for the best model from my moderate research (Could be wrong! I often am!!)

I turned 40 last March, decided to do ghr direct access and went straight for the Iron. Since then I'm out on the thing when I can and I just fancied a second bike in the garage.

Looking forward to learning more about the bike and the Ducati scene.

Here's a link to my new bike:

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&alt=web&id=191511470038

Chat soon guys!

EvoAde
15-03-2015, 07:04 PM
Hi,
Welcome to the Ducati experience. Your bike looks really good, although like your HD Iron, there's still plenty of room for customisation. The forum is a great place for advice and info and there's plenty of stuff available. I've got an 1100evo (pretty similar) and been riding HD's for about 22 years. I've had my Road-King for 13 years but it only comes out for HD events and longer trips. Your Monster is a completely different riding experience to the Iron although on paper they should really be similar.

I'm in Stockport so I'll probably see you at Rivington Barn, Matlock Bath or the Cat & Fiddle sometime (my regular places to ride to).

Ade

DeputyMitchell
15-03-2015, 07:24 PM
Hi,
Welcome to the Ducati experience. Your bike looks really good, although like your HD Iron, there's still plenty of room for customisation. The forum is a great place for advice and info and there's plenty of stuff available. I've got an 1100evo (pretty similar) and been riding HD's for about 22 years. I've had my Road-King for 13 years but it only comes out for HD events and longer trips. Your Monster is a completely different riding experience to the Iron although on paper they should really be similar.

I'm in Stockport so I'll probably see you at Rivington Barn, Matlock Bath or the Cat & Fiddle sometime (my regular places to ride to).

Ade

Hi, thanks for the welcome! I venture over to the Barn every now and then but it's too local so I tend to head out and call on the way back for a brew and a bite to eat. I'm really looking forward to getting the Monster and hearing the Termis up close and personal!

GDCobra
15-03-2015, 07:56 PM
Hi Deputy and welcome, I've just joined myself, I'm not far from Wigan and used to know it well (although last time I went lots had changed), haven't picked mine up yet, beginning of April for me. Have a good time with your new toy,maybe see you around sometime.

Dirty
15-03-2015, 08:18 PM
Hello and welcome

DeputyMitchell
15-03-2015, 08:20 PM
Hi Deputy and welcome, I've just joined myself, I'm not far from Wigan and used to know it well (although last time I went lots had changed), haven't picked mine up yet, beginning of April for me. Have a good time with your new toy,maybe see you around sometime.

Cheers for the post! What are you getting?

DeputyMitchell
15-03-2015, 08:21 PM
Hello and welcome

Thanks Dirty. It's going to be a L...O...N...G... week!

Dirty
15-03-2015, 08:22 PM
Worth it though, your bike looks great.

I'll bet the tractor is for sale by xmas :mand:

DeputyMitchell
15-03-2015, 08:35 PM
Worth it though, your bike looks great.

I'll bet the tractor is for sale by xmas :mand:

This tractor is special!! :) The 1200 conversion with Stage 1 make a GRUNTY beast! I've done a bit of vlogging on the thing. Know this isn't the place to put it but hey... I'm going to be doing a bit on my Monster too. I'm big into blogging so sad enough to love doing it whilst riding too!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KoYjmWRlpsU

GDCobra
16-03-2015, 05:17 PM
Cheers for the post! What are you getting?

I'll be picking up my M1200S first of second of April (I hope), I've also booked sunshine for the whole of the Easter weekend!

Just polishing up my 'old' bike which I hope will be selling soon. Although if it doesn't it won't be a complete disaster I'll just have to keep it

DeputyMitchell
03-04-2015, 01:11 PM
Well, finally got round to a little video of my new Monster 1100s:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bEt16ywT4b0&list=UUWH09aowDKmfFNWN4r2eeRg

Really pleased with the condition considering it's done 8000 miles and is 5 years old. There isn't a mark on it.

utopia
03-04-2015, 02:46 PM
Welcome along ....and happy easter. :mand: