not looking to make any profit on it
so idea of value from those in know please
didn't get any pics of it

gary tompkins
21-02-2015, 05:24 PM
I would say around a grand +/- £200 depending on actual condition

Nickj
21-02-2015, 07:26 PM
That'll be about right from what's around at the moment.

Mr Gazza
21-02-2015, 07:35 PM
I would agree wth GT, but it's been a long time since I saw any Monster worth having, go for less than a Grand.

Darren69
21-02-2015, 09:24 PM
I would agree wth GT, but it's been a long time since I saw any Monster worth having, go for less than a Grand.

Yea, not an 900sie for sure. about a grand - 1200 seems fair if its in good nick.

gary tompkins
21-02-2015, 10:59 PM
Seasonal weather also has an effect on bike values

Prices will be at rock bottom now (February) but give it a few months and they will rise again

Mr Gazza
22-02-2015, 10:34 AM
M900Sie for a Grand....I wish..:chuckle::chuckle:

You mention the seasonal fluctuation, and I have to say that it doesn't seem to work like it used to. Prices seem to hold during the winter months these days, as that is when most bikes seem to change hands.

When I was bike shopping a couple of years ago I noticed that the prices appeared to drop a little once the weather warmed up a bit....Prices were lower in the Autumn if anything.

The truly bizzare pricing comes from the projects or "easy fix" bikes. At auction they raise silly money. People bid far higher than the bikes are worth in the belief that they will be cheap to fix...There must have been some very nasty colds caught.!

I will admit though that I did pay a tad over a Grand for a dead M900Sie. (Although getting it home cost a bit.!) Happily it only cost about £2.50 to get it running..Oh and I suppose I have to include the £40 to have the tank brazed. But hey I was lucky.

On the whole I would say that a tidy running bike in the region of £1100 to £1600 is a better proposition than a cheaper one that needs any attention at all.

mybikesbroken
22-02-2015, 11:28 AM
thanks for info guys
thought about a grand was about mark but was unsure
bike runs well no dents on tank paintwork original matching nose cowl
little bit of paint lift on engine
tyres c+s good
needs a clutch slave seal

Darren69
22-02-2015, 11:53 AM
Does it have the external clutch slave? If so its probably worth replacing the entire slave with an aftermarket one £40-50

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BLACK-Factory-Racing-Billet-Clutch-Slave-Cylinder-Ducati-Diavel-SS-900-750-600-/330895239107?pt=UK_Motorcycle_Parts_13&hash=item4d0ae4a7c3

Or I have a standard Ducati one spare if you wanted a cheaper option?

gary tompkins
23-02-2015, 01:03 AM
thanks for info guys
thought about a grand was about mark but was unsure
bike runs well no dents on tank paintwork original matching nose cowl
little bit of paint lift on engine
tyres c+s good
needs a clutch slave seal

worth giving it a full engine service including cam belts

unless the seller can prove this was done recently

steeevvvooo
05-03-2015, 03:49 PM
would make a decent base for a DD race bike so try advertising on ducatisportingclub website too if you sell