:cool::roger:

Saint aka ML
14-02-2015, 04:08 PM
Give details of dates ASAP please.

Also http://www.sohojoe.net/index.html

StuartJames
14-02-2015, 05:16 PM
Keep me posted about the tunnel run!
Good to see you guys at the Motorbike show today.
I think I saw a couple of the girls that joined us on the last tunnel run as well when we were leaving. If it was you, sorry for not saying hello, I didn't realise until too late :(

maxxjod
14-02-2015, 06:42 PM
Oh cant wait for another tunnel run.

Akita Boy
15-02-2015, 02:01 AM
Dates when you can pls.....

Need to organise my life and get out on one of these as I keep missing them!

Dirty
16-02-2015, 01:33 PM
We have 1 date for you so far, Saturday June 20th, midsummers night for a midnightish Monster run

We may squeeze in another more traditional run before then but that depends on a number of factors, including, but not limited to, when I get my bike back on the road! :)

Saint aka ML
16-02-2015, 06:54 PM
Dirty just take the exhaust off the scooter and we will allow you in!

Dirty
18-02-2015, 04:56 PM
Dirty just take the exhaust off the scooter and we will allow you in!

Think I'd rather walk! :p

Saint aka ML
18-02-2015, 06:45 PM
If you that fit but I guess you will have to run run run baby boy run.

yusaf1
18-02-2015, 07:50 PM
How about a sunday morning instead? I'm coping with a newish born...

Dirty
18-02-2015, 08:07 PM
How about a sunday morning instead? I'm coping with a newish born...

That would be the more traditional one. We hope to squeeze one in before the main event. No dates as yet as it depends on a number of planetary systems aligning favourably!

And congratulations :)

yusaf1
20-02-2015, 09:34 AM
Cheers Damian, will be up for that one

Dirty
23-02-2015, 07:56 AM
Tunnel run, tunnel run, tunnel run......

utopia
23-02-2015, 11:08 AM
I can say with confidence that I will definitely break my tunnel run duck this year.
I fancy the midsummer's eve one, but may even come down for a couple.
Maybe I can round up a midlands contingent ?

Dirty
04-04-2015, 05:49 PM
Well step one is done. I have a road legal bike again.

We won't manage to get a traditional run squeezed in this side of the June 20th midnight run due to my schedule but if all goes well I'll arrange one for later in the year, maybe Aug/Sept time.

Mario
04-04-2015, 07:03 PM
Definitely interested in tunnel run on the 20th June. Anyone in Surrey/ Hampshire/ Sussex areas going? Would be good to arrange a meeting point.
Also interested in any runs before main event.
Keep us informed.

jonzi
04-04-2015, 07:04 PM
Mario lives!

Grumpy
04-04-2015, 09:01 PM
Anyone who would like to travel dawn with me is welcome.

maxxjod
04-04-2015, 11:08 PM
Mario, I will be traveling up from Brighton so if you have any suggestions for a place to meet just let me know.

Saint aka ML
05-04-2015, 12:15 AM
I can do 20th June, later one will defo be on reborn monster.

Kato
05-04-2015, 07:18 AM
Anyone who would like to travel dawn with me is welcome.

Who is Dawn ???? and is she aware of the offer you are making:mand:

Grumpy
05-04-2015, 07:46 AM
Who is Dawn ???? and is she aware of the offer you are making:mand:

Ssssshhhh......it's my weekend alter ego!:mand:

Mario
05-04-2015, 07:04 PM
Hi Jonzii. Out of hibernation. Roll on the Summer.
Hi maxxjod. I suggest meeting up at the Madeira Cafe in Brighton then take A27/A259 to Folkestone. This would be convenient for all west and North of Brighton.
Just need to agree a time. Also need to arrange overnight stay in France.
Keep in touch guys.

jonzi
05-04-2015, 07:14 PM
Also need to arrange overnight stay in France.

For this tunnel run you'd probably want to arrange a stay in London.

The tunnels they talk of are the blackwall tunnel, the lime house link, barbican etc etc.

Blast through London tunnels and make a racket.

There is a trip going through the Channel tunnel soon, in a few weekends, might wanna look that one up.

Mario
05-04-2015, 08:03 PM
Ok Jonzi. I am a bit confused now. I was told the tunnel run on the 20 June was via the euro Tunnel and ride through France and Belgium.

Dirty
05-04-2015, 08:07 PM
Ok Jonzi. I am a bit confused now. I was told the tunnel run on the 20 June was via the euro Tunnel and ride through France and Belgium.

Nope that's a different trip. This tunnel run stays in London. We just blast through londons many and varied tunnels, Monster mob handed and making a bit of noise, bring late night joy to many Londoners :)

Sorry about the raw footage but I can't be assed editing :)

http://youtu.be/hrO-z1xg5CU

http://youtu.be/Jgv5iZRkD3g

Mario
05-04-2015, 08:24 PM
Thanks Jonzi. Would like to know which dates are planned for London Tunnel blast and Euro Tunnel trips leading to rides though France/ Belgium. Can anyone enlighten me?

Dirty
05-04-2015, 08:26 PM
20th June in the evening (its midsummer night) for first tunnel run of 2015

Mario
05-04-2015, 09:27 PM
Ok dirty. Is the run on 20 June in London or Channel Tunnel?

Dirty
05-04-2015, 09:44 PM
20 th June is the London Tunnel run :)

Mario
05-04-2015, 10:06 PM
Ok. Thank you for that. Any iitinerary?

Mr Gazza
06-04-2015, 09:22 AM
Ok. Thank you for that. Any iitinerary?

No. They have an itunnelry.

Akita Boy
06-04-2015, 09:30 AM
No. They have an itunnelry.

Itunnerlry ...... Genius!!

Dirty
06-04-2015, 10:47 AM
No itinerary, turn up on the 20th (at a place to be announced, at a time to be announced) and follow a big bunch of monsters through a load of tunnels :)

Grumpy
06-04-2015, 01:51 PM
Due to personal reasons, the tunnel run has been moved to Saturday 27th of June.

Mario
08-04-2015, 07:54 AM
I hope I am not alone on this issue, but chaos comes to mind. All we have is a revised date!
Organisation? Can not see any sign. Would be good to confirm a meeting time/ place so we can plan our diaries. Not much to ask is it?

J.P
08-04-2015, 08:11 AM
Mario,
Why don't you stop jumping in and having a moan, it's not polite.

All the UKMOC events and threads progress and change as details get refined.
If you're interested then great , go along and meet other members and enjoy yourself.
Otherwise don't bother complaining about what others are trying to organise in their free time for the other Monster owners.

Better that you say nothing and follow the thread, than jump in and look a knob.

bex
08-04-2015, 08:28 AM
I hope I am not alone on this issue, but chaos comes to mind. All we have is a revised date!
Organisation? Can not see any sign. Would be good to confirm a meeting time/ place so we can plan our diaries. Not much to ask is it?

Mario there's not much to it. A date and a meet up time. And then you show up on your monster and go with the flow.

It's amazing how unlikeable you've managed to come across in just a couple of posts.

Has it crossed your mind that our members are all busy people, organising free events in their own spare time? Don't be so ungrateful and demanding. It's really not that kind of club.

Dirty
08-04-2015, 11:27 AM
It's amazing how unlikeable you've managed to come across in just a couple of posts.

You've got to admit it's impressive. It's taken me 3 years and nearly 3k posts to be disliked by only half as many people :hail: :D

Mario
08-04-2015, 12:51 PM
Point taken Bex. Sorry to those I have unintentionallyl offended. Just like to be organised!

Akita Boy
08-04-2015, 04:59 PM
Point taken Bex. Sorry to those I have unintentionallyl offended. Just like to be organised!

Don't take it to heart. We may come across as unorganised, but having been on a few trips with various UKMOCer's the planning tends to put Operation Overlord to shame! They just don't like to talk about it.

As Bex said, turn up where/when it's posted and follow the crowd. Rides tend to be more than half sensible so it's not like some ride outs where if you lose the leaders your F*cked and left to fend for yourself!

Wildfire
08-04-2015, 05:06 PM
Don't take it to heart. We may come across as unorganised, but having been on a few trips with various UKMOCer's the planning tends to put Operation Overlord to shame! They just don't like to talk about it.

As Bex said, turn up where/when it's posted and follow the crowd. Rides tend to be more than half sensible so it's not like some ride outs where if you lose the leaders your F*cked and left to fend for yourself!

I may make this!! It give me a deadline for getting the Monster ruhning!

A similar thing happened on a PH run. We left the Oakdene, and within 5 min we lost half the pack after Ade disappeared on his 1098R. Some of us followed, others didn't...

FLATTOP
08-04-2015, 05:46 PM
Mario I am not sure if you was involved in the last Tunnel run but the dry runs and effort put in by Dirty and Grumpy was incredible.

And when the final plans were pmd due to obvious reasons ( Loads of Noisy Bikers flying around London ) it was nothing short of the planning that went into the safety deposit Box heist carried out over the weekend go with the flow my friend. :D

Dirty
08-04-2015, 06:04 PM
it was nothing short of the planning that went into the safety deposit Box heist carried out over the weekend go with the flow my friend. :D

Shhhhhh!!! Lets hope you are the only person to make that link :look::look::look:

Grumpy
08-04-2015, 08:58 PM
it was nothing short of the planning that went into the safety deposit Box heist carried out over the weekend go with the flow my friend. :D

Shhhhhh!!! Lets hope you are the only person to make that link :look::look::look:

Well D, it looks we can't use the tunnel run as our escape route!

Saint aka ML
08-04-2015, 09:36 PM
I will be most likely passing on this one. Signed my self up to a rally form Poland to Czech across 4 days. Best is I was also offered a MV Augusta or Brutalle RR for those days............ Tempting.

pompone
09-04-2015, 07:48 AM
Mario,
Why don't you stop jumping in and having a moan, it's not polite.

Better that you say nothing and follow the thread, than jump in and look a knob.

Having spent two weeks in Mario's company in Italy last summer, I feel the stick is a but undeserved. He's a nice chap and he just doesn't know the club traditionally laid back approach IMHO :)

Capo
09-04-2015, 08:55 AM
Mario is an alright person.
And is probably used to the precise and detailed organisation that goes into an Italy trip

Mario
09-04-2015, 12:21 PM
Thank you Pompone and Capo. i sometimes seek precision. Better to be laid back. Hope to see you soon.

Dirty
09-04-2015, 03:16 PM
Surely everyone's idea of a heavenly road trip :chuckle::chuckle::chuckle:

You should come check out the tunnel run Capo :mand:

bex
09-04-2015, 03:19 PM
Max and Capo, that may be so, but the recent posts were blatantly out of line and it needed pointed out. Let's move on shall we :-)

gary tompkins
09-04-2015, 11:34 PM
bugger... I was just about to order more popcorn :(

http://media.giphy.com/media/cHKnErUX39Xxe/giphy.gif

pompone
10-04-2015, 07:12 AM
Max and Capo, that may be so, but the recent posts were blatantly out of line and it needed pointed out. Let's move on shall we :-)

In my book calling someone a knob is being out of line, but yeah, let's move on. ;)

bex
10-04-2015, 07:41 AM
You're talking to the wrong person :)

pompone
10-04-2015, 07:46 AM
Anyway, back OT. Is it a daytime or night run?

J.P
10-04-2015, 07:49 AM
Nighttime. Very late.

pompone
10-04-2015, 08:50 AM
Nighttime. Very late.
well, if Jonzi and Mario meet again late at night you'll have a good laugh listening to them discuss on the origin of ukuleles

BLUNT
10-04-2015, 08:50 AM
JP and Bex - what a couple of ****s

Every forum has them.

pompone
10-04-2015, 08:52 AM

Every forum has them.

And how this help the discussion?

BLUNT
10-04-2015, 08:57 AM
To quote Bex
....posts were blatantly out of line and it needed pointed out

It helps me

bex
10-04-2015, 09:10 AM

Every forum has them.

Stars? :biggrin:

Loyal members you mean? Yeh, every forum has them.

So let's move on already.

J.P
10-04-2015, 09:18 AM
Every forum has them.

You're right, as as members for many years, and as I'm Vice President of the club, we try and make sure that it's not that sort of forum where people come across as impolite.
That's exactly what Bex and I pointed out to Mario and you know what, he was right back having thought about what he'd written and he made a small appology. That's all that was necessary and nothing more was needed on the matter.

jonzi
10-04-2015, 10:27 AM
well, if Jonzi and Mario meet again late at night you'll have a good laugh listening to them discuss on the origin of ukuleles

I am going to Wales next week to build a Portuguese ukulele.

Kato
10-04-2015, 10:51 AM
as I'm Vice President of the club, we try and make sure that it's not that sort of forum where people come across as impolite.

Oh B**(*CKS I never realised that I had to be polite to all of the people all of the time :cry::mad::banghead:

Capo
10-04-2015, 10:54 AM
Ah it is much clearer now, I can see who the knobs are

Capo
10-04-2015, 10:58 AM
Oh B**(*CKS I never realised that I had to be polite to all of the people all of the time :cry::mad::banghead:

Better watch out then lest the VP exercises his executive POWER and excommunicates you.

Dirty
10-04-2015, 11:25 AM
Seeing who the knobs are has never been that difficult. They announce it every time they touch a keyboard. Must be some internal issues that externalise, even when they are trying to be helpful or talking with friends. Often they pop up in threads they have no real interest in, just to make their unwelcome presence felt and hoping to upset people. It's usually very entertaining and all part of the joy of the net.
Of course plain type text doesn't help. It can't convey nuances or intonation like the spoken word so can be easily misread.
As an aside 'excommunication' is a strictly religious act. We may all worship Ducati but I don't think UKMOC has reached cult status yet :)

J.P
10-04-2015, 11:31 AM
Lets get it back on topic and let Grumpy and Dirty have their thread for their Tunnel Run .
Cheers all.

maxxjod
10-04-2015, 09:02 PM
I know details are coming but, any rough idea of a time that people start to meet for the tunnel run? And is the meeting place likey to be north or south of the river. Only asking as I am coming up from Brighton and don't have a clue where anything is inside the M25 so I might need to sort out a baby sitter to give me some extra time. I got very lost trying to find the bridge for the last tunnel run I went on :banghead:

Dirty
10-04-2015, 09:14 PM
We've set nothing in stone as yet but it is likely to follow a similar format to the last one. I think then we met at 8 for pre run dinner then set off at 10pm, back for 11:30/midnight.

pegboy
10-04-2015, 09:20 PM
I have some friends that have expressed an interest however (slob stop reading) one rides a diavel actually slob I think you met him in arragon before the Valencia trip (Pedro) and the other a street fighter. I told them they may need to stay in am the naughty corner but welcome. Is that ok.

Dirty
10-04-2015, 09:38 PM
Streetfighters are Monsters and we'll turn a blind eye to a Diavel. As long as it is mainly Monsters we will get away without renaming it :)

maxxjod
10-04-2015, 10:21 PM
Thanks for the rough information, very useful to know.

maxxjod
10-04-2015, 10:27 PM
Are there different areas of the naughty corner?
Only asking as my current bike is Italian, is a V twin and was made only 120ish km's from the Ducati factory, so am thinking that it would make it a brother from another mother rather than a naughty boy that has to sit in the naughty corner?:rolleyes:

gary tompkins
10-04-2015, 11:11 PM
Popcorn delivery on standby

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/b/bc/Popcorn_%288023373629%29.jpg/800px-Popcorn_%288023373629%29.jpg

slob
11-04-2015, 12:49 AM
Whilst this club (forum) will always be dedicated to all things 'Monster'...
I'm fairly sure anything noisy (& preferably Italian) will be welcome on the night
The run usually starts Chelsea(ish) and finishes in the West End, the organisers may choose change this, so keep watching the thread if you wish participate*.

* you are responsible for your own vehicle and actions

maxxjod
11-04-2015, 07:02 AM
Thanks for the info Slob, for some reason I had it in my head that the tunnel run started at midnight but I don't know why.
Any general information given is useful and I fully understand that nothing is yet decided or set in stone.

Kato
11-04-2015, 07:21 AM
I have some friends that have expressed an interest however (slob stop reading) one rides a diavel actually slob I think you met him in arragon before the Valencia trip (Pedro) and the other a street fighter. I told them they may need to stay in am the naughty corner but welcome. Is that ok.

Are there different areas of the naughty corner?
Only asking as my current bike is Italian, is a V twin and was made only 120ish km's from the Ducati factory, so am thinking that it would make it a brother from another mother rather than a naughty boy that has to sit in the naughty corner?:rolleyes:

Mostly for the Diavel owner however no reason why you couldn't get sorted at the same time Maxx

https://www.betterhelp.com/start/?utm_source=AdWords&utm_medium=Search_PPC&utm_term=online%20counselor&utm_content=53212034410&network=g&placement=&target=&matchtype=b&utm_campaign=online_counseling_INT&ad_type=text&adposition=1t1target=&gclid=CIGB8_ja7cQCFYnKtAodDkMAJw&lp=start&modal=1

maxxjod
11-04-2015, 07:49 AM
Thanks for the link Kato, followed it through but they were unable to find me a suitable counsellor.
To be fair I hadn't really planed to sell my monster but I had such a good offer I couldn't refuse it, so with cash in my pocket I went to look at a S4 but somehow came home with a Aprilia Dorsoduro. Have to say that the riding position is better than my 750 monster which helps my knees, hips and back.
However I do plan to get another monster in the future.

Dirty
11-04-2015, 04:51 PM
Thanks for the info Slob, for some reason I had it in my head that the tunnel run started at midnight but I don't know why.
Any general information given is useful and I fully understand that nothing is yet decided or set in stone.

Probably because the last one was the 'Midsummer Midnight' run :)

This next one is still in embryonic planning stages. It will be different. Obviously there is a finite number of tunnels so we'll be recycling them, the rest is up for change :mand: Times likely to be 8 for dinner, 10 for run.

Liz
11-04-2015, 10:47 PM
The whole point of the tunnel run is the element of surprise on the unsuspecting Londoner/visitor to London, and the joy of an undefined number of Ducatis riding through the tunnels and thoroughly enjoying the noise and thrill of the whole thing. Full details won't be 'published' until much nearer the date and will probably be in the form of a PM so as not to bring attention to what may be happening. I went on one of the early ones a couple of years ago and it was great fun. Just be patient, and in the words of Jim Morrison, "If you book them they will come".

Ursa
19-04-2015, 09:04 PM
This sounds awesome! I'm definitely up for coming along. Had a great rev through the Dartford Tunnel on the way back from BSB today and thought I'd check and see when this was :)

Dirty
20-04-2015, 08:47 PM
Welcome along Ursa

Spotted this today. Sadly we don't have a similar network in London but who knows, when I have a bit more time on my hands I might organise a Euro Tunnel run :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XJkBd16F9D8

Alex0171
26-05-2015, 10:09 PM
Cool!
Was so looking forward to this since last year!
Will keep a close eye for any date changes.. I presume last minute instructions will be given like last year.

Thanks for organising this G & D, please let me know if I can help in any way.

Saint aka ML
27-05-2015, 10:52 PM
Lol this is going fun way.