PDA

View Full Version : Brake/clutch hoses.... Which brand?!

JMH900sie
03-02-2015, 04:03 PM
Hey guys!

Just wondering what brand hoses to buy? I must admit, I'm kinda tempted by the goodridge glow in the dark ones, but Never having bought hoses before, I'd like opinions on what gives the best bang for buck....

Joe

Darren69
03-02-2015, 04:44 PM
I have been recommended HEL, but I'm only changing mine because of clip ons and upgrading to different calipers. Whichever you go for make sure to get stainless fittings, not ally. They will probably fail you on MOT for those as they are race use only and are clamping down. So I've been told.

maxxjod
03-02-2015, 07:53 PM
I have used and would happily recommend venhill hoses, I like them as the fittings are separate from the hose. You attach the ends to the master cylinder and slave/caliper and then attach the hose to ends, as a result you won't end up with kinked or twisted hoses.

JMH900sie
03-02-2015, 08:02 PM
I did look at them! I think the hels are expensive for what they are, venhills IT is!

jdp683
03-02-2015, 08:09 PM
I put some rearsets on my bike and needed to change the brake hose. thought about doing it on ebay as venhill have a site but decided to phone them and it only took 2 days for delivery! great service and like previously stated the ends are screwed on to make life easier!:D

Darren69
03-02-2015, 08:25 PM
If your making them yourself then screw fittings are the way to go. Can't understand why would you need to replace the oem ones, they are stainless braided are they not?

JMH900sie
03-02-2015, 08:58 PM
They are yes, but they're a t type config for the front brakes, and my clutch fluid keeps going black, so I'm rebuilding the master cylinder, replacing my slave for an aftermarket one with a bigger bore, and replacing the hose..... The ocd in me says that I can't have unmatched lines......

Dukedesmo
03-02-2015, 09:19 PM
I have used and would happily recommend venhill hoses, I like them as the fittings are separate from the hose. You attach the ends to the master cylinder and slave/caliper and then attach the hose to ends, as a result you won't end up with kinked or twisted hoses.

Goodridge 'build-a-line' are the same thing; you get the hose in varying lengths and then buy the fittings in whatever shape/configuration required.

Makes getting custom lines easy and, as you say, no kinks or twists, I've got them on both my bikes.

Dennis menace
04-02-2015, 12:58 PM
Got Venhill's on mine but I had never heard of them before. Going to replace some banjo's that have gone rusty (?) though they have polished up quite well. Looking at this supplier on Ebay:
http://stores.ebay.co.uk/thracingstore?_trksid=p2047675.l2563

Taff666
05-02-2015, 08:46 AM
Have just fitted Venhills with new chrome banjo bolts etc. on my Monster.

Wanted 200mm longer than standard.

E mailed my order, everything arrived 3 days later and all fitted first time.

Looks brill.

Dead chuffed.

Taff666
05-02-2015, 08:47 AM
PS They also do braided throttle cables to match.