PDA

View Full Version : My Charity Event - London Marathon

pegboy
29-01-2015, 10:33 AM
Hi All

As some of you are aware I am running the London Marathon this year in April. However this year I will be running for JDRF (Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation) a cause closer to our hearts as our 6 year old son was diagnosed with Diabetes in July 2014. My wife (Gloria) and I are again having a dinner/dance fundraiser on 11th April 2015, in Farringdon, tickets will be available shortly @ £30.00 per person. The feedback we had two years ago was amazing and was truly a great night. The food was amazing and was all prepared by the chefs at Nobu, so £30 for amazing food, and great entertainment cannot be missed. Once again the chefs are giving up their time to come and cook an amazing feast for all you lovely people. As it's a charity event, I aim to get as much as possible donated, so not only am I keeping a table especially for all of you, if you able to help in donations of any prizes that we can raffle off on the night that would be amazing, otherwise book your place take you seat and bring your dancing shoes.

Please let me know if you can attend. Amazingly on the last one we had a waitlist of people that wanted to come but we had no spaces available so don't delay in letting me know. We have already sold a load of tickets.

Thank you for your support and we hope to see you there.

Gloria & Paolo

jonzi
29-01-2015, 11:07 AM
I could well be up for this.

Need to check with the girlfriend.

bex
29-01-2015, 03:29 PM
Yeh put us down too if there is a table of ukmoc rowdies forming.

pegboy
30-01-2015, 09:29 AM
Will start one up for you guys now, thanks

Funkatronic
30-01-2015, 09:39 AM
reckon I'm game too mate + 1,

good cause,good food, good company whats not to like

MerlinPV12
30-01-2015, 05:29 PM
Paolo, do you have a Just Giving page (or similar) for your Marathon charity donations? If you do please post a link and I'll donate in lieu of the dinner/dance as I'll be away :thumbsup:

pegboy
02-02-2015, 08:45 AM
Great thank you all,

Here is the missing link

https://www.justgiving.com/Paolo-Pegoraro

J.P
02-02-2015, 09:17 AM
Paolo, to clarify,
The just giving page is for general donations ?, and you'll be taking event ticket payments via a seperate means ? (Having noticed Jonzi's payment entry)

Cheers

jonzi
02-02-2015, 09:26 AM
I just read what he said to do on his Facebook event page about it.

pegboy
02-02-2015, 10:59 AM
JP, You can donate straight to the page, this will save me taking the cash transferring over etc. As some will just donate and others wish to attend the event if you can add D&D tickets X2 for example and that will confirm tickets and I can keep track of numbers etc. As you have already kindly donated I can take that as either full or part payment of the ticket(s) for D&D event.