PDA

View Full Version : UKMOC affiliation with Ducati for 2015

slob
11-01-2015, 09:59 AM
Happy 2015 everyone!

We're part way through the process of renewing the UKMOC's status as an offical Desmo Owners Club for 2015. This allows registered members to go on free factory tours, get discounts on DRE and events like WDW, as well as participate in an special offers with Ducati UK.
To reduce the admin this year I've created an online form capture member information, as I have to complete the bulk of this process by the end on January.

You are eligible if you are a forum user who owns a Monster and live in the UK,Republic of Ireland, Channel Isles, Isle of Man etc. or an ex-pat Monster owner. We will also register your husband/wife/partner/girl or boy friend (after all there's not much point in getting a MotoGP grandstand ticket if you can't sit with your pillion)

If you fit the above description, please fill in and submit the form here
http://goo.gl/forms/wPVahgby85

Even if you were previously registered with Ducati, please compelte the form anyhow so we can confirm your contact details are up to date and process your renewal
Please also check the details match your information in the UKMOC UserCP
http://www.thelasturl.net/ukmoc/UserCP.jpg

For partners, pillions etc. who don't have their own UKMOC logon:
Under "UKMOC Forum Name" just put 'YourForumName'+1 but please make sure the email address is unique.
Under "Monster model" just put pillion and the other bike details don't really matter.

Any questions send me a PM or email me rob(at)ukmonster(dot)co(dot)uk

Saint aka ML
11-01-2015, 01:57 PM
Do not sell my details to Chinese I am afraid of Chinese :)

slob
12-01-2015, 08:54 AM
We won't sell or give your details to anyone (without a warrant)
I don't think Ducati will either but they will send you blurb from time to time.

slob
13-01-2015, 11:04 AM
keep 'em coming

Cobra88
13-01-2015, 02:58 PM
Done

I'm guessing Ducati number is on Card Ducati sent me 00899584 ??

Rick

J.P
13-01-2015, 03:06 PM
Good response over the last couple of days but try and keep them coming please. :)

Yorkie
13-01-2015, 05:21 PM
Done thank you.

I've booked in for a Factory tour in February looking forwards to it.

Yorkie

bigredduke
13-01-2015, 06:02 PM
Done. Have I been entered into a free prize draw to win a Superleggythingy?

pegboy
13-01-2015, 10:01 PM
Done and once again thank you for all your hard work

jonzi
14-01-2015, 10:32 AM
thank you for all your hard work

Quoting because it's so good, it should be said twice

Well done Slob

crust
15-01-2015, 07:57 PM
Done and once again thank you for all your hard work

Quoting because it's so good, it should be said twice

Well done Slob

wot they said.

Thanks for your continued suffering on the altar of Monsterdom, it is very much appreciated.

J.P
19-01-2015, 09:54 AM
Morning Everyone.
Keep the sign up coming please, 85 on the list so far.

thanks

Harryo
19-01-2015, 06:21 PM
All done, many thanks

Hope to meet some of you this year

StevieL
19-01-2015, 08:45 PM
Sorted, many thanks for your efforts on our behalf atb Steve

Stinger101
20-01-2015, 04:14 PM
Hi, sent mine again but included the Ducati code as I realised from the thread what it was. (I'm new)

Dave G
20-01-2015, 04:22 PM
Why would Ducati need my phone number?

I'm usually quite happy to fill this type of form but I dont like being forced to give out too much detail that I think isn't needed for the core purpose.

Looks like I'll pass on it for that reason, I'm fairly unlikely to go to WDW or similar so cant see why I'd be obliged to give so much personal info.

Dirty
20-01-2015, 04:52 PM
Hi, sent mine again but included the Ducati code as I realised from the thread what it was. (I'm new)

Aha, I'm not so new but didn't realise about the code. Should I re-submit?

slob
20-01-2015, 05:15 PM
don't worry about it, it's optional, i think it's just the big d tracking folks who've bought new bikes

Albie
20-01-2015, 06:05 PM
Why would Ducati need my phone number?

I'm usually quite happy to fill this type of form but I dont like being forced to give out too much detail that I think isn't needed for the core purpose.

Looks like I'll pass on it for that reason, I'm fairly unlikely to go to WDW or similar so cant see why I'd be obliged to give so much personal info.
I got phoned up by a very nice sounding Italian lady presumably in Italy when I bought my new bike. It was very pleasant and that's all the call they do. No harassing.

Dave G
20-01-2015, 07:31 PM
I got phoned up by a very nice sounding Italian lady presumably in Italy when I bought my new bike. It was very pleasant and that's all the call they do. No harassing.

It's obligatory though, the form wont complete unless it has all the requested information and I'm just too suspicious to do that without a better reason

Dirty
20-01-2015, 07:47 PM
It's obligatory though, the form wont complete unless it has all the requested information and I'm just too suspicious to do that without a better reason

I have no issue myself giving my number to Ducati however I fully understand people who are reticent to hand out their number willy nilly to organisations. There are certainly plenty who I would not give my real number to.

slob
20-01-2015, 07:47 PM
we're only gathering the minimum info ducati 'require'. i'm not sure of their reasoning. however, in the long run being able to communicate with our members is a plus, whether everyone is registered with the factory or not.

Saint aka ML
20-01-2015, 07:53 PM
So I should have given my real mobile number?

I guess that young lady from Italy might get a bit of shocker when she tries to call me :).....

Dirty
20-01-2015, 07:58 PM
So I should have given my real mobile number?

I guess that young lady from Italy might get a bit of shocker when she tries to call me :).....

Don't worry, I put your number in my box :mand:

Saint aka ML
20-01-2015, 11:29 PM
Don't worry, I put your number in my box :mand:

Crap! that failed quickly

Akita Boy
21-01-2015, 08:35 AM
Done. Can I have a ukmoc club sticker now??

singlering
21-01-2015, 01:59 PM
Done and done

slob
21-01-2015, 02:47 PM
Done. Can I have a ukmoc club sticker now??

very soon ian,
i've only got the use of one hand at the mo, so taking a while to sort stuff out

slob
21-01-2015, 02:51 PM
Apologies folks, apparently theres's an XXXL shirt size option, if anyone's worried that they had to put XXL and it may be a tad snug pm or email me and i'll adjust as required

jonzi
21-01-2015, 04:15 PM
very soon ian,
i've only got the use of one hand at the mo, so taking a while to sort stuff out

If you need a hand (excuse the pun) then let me know.

I am away this weekend, but can pop over next.

Mr Gazza
21-01-2015, 04:45 PM
Slob, would you mind clarifying the situation regarding T-shirts please.

I understand that it is not the case that we would automaticly be due a T-shirt, I imagine that is more something that a buyer of a new Ducati would recieve.
Casting back some while ago when you said that you had a stockpile of T-shirts awaiting payment for postage by thier recipients...I am trusting that should you have a shirt waiting for me to pay postage on that you will let me know so I can square up.

If any of the "backlog" T-shirts are up for grabs I am happy to make a contribution for one (or more).

jonzi
21-01-2015, 05:42 PM
You join the club, by filling out the form that Slob has set up, and you get a free Ducati membership pack.

This contains, amongst other stuff, a t-shirt.

As far as I am aware, any one who joins the club is eligible for this member pack. But they have to pass the criteria for membership. I.e own a monster or be a partner of a monster owner. The monster doesn't need to be new.

The stock pile that Slob has is probably for people that have joined or re-registered and then not given him their address to forward the pack on to. Or perhaps they haven't given him postage for the packs, that I am not sure.

Dirty
21-01-2015, 05:57 PM
The stock pile that Slob has is probably for people that have joined or re-registered and then not given him their address to forward the pack on to. Or perhaps they haven't given him postage for the packs, that I am not sure.

I believe that is pretty much it

very soon ian,

I can help out for the next week or so if needed, give me a shout.

slob
21-01-2015, 06:01 PM
we had a load of uncollected ones in the past and only received one box of three in 2014
the factory used to send them direct to members but find it much cheaper to send a couple of boxes rather than hundreds of envelopes now.
this may work well for small local clubs (eg italy) but is a bit of a p.i.t.a for a national club like ours.
at least we don't have the north american problem, where it costs twenty bucks to send a two euro shirt across the continent.
they also arrive in somewhat sporadic bunches.

i wouldn't get too excited, it's basically the same shirt with different year printed on it each time (and ours are way nicer, even if they ain't freebies)

that said, the whole doc thing is great way of building relationships with other clubs, i've met some great people from all around europe and beyond.

it's also really good to see a bunch of new members saying hi on the forum recently, i hope a few get involved when the weather warms up, after all: it's about riding and fettling monsters not just surfing the internet

Mr Gazza
21-01-2015, 06:15 PM
Thanks for that slob.

I am sure you will post something up if you get a batch, so we can send you some postage.

Hope you get your other hand back soon....There are two in your Avatar....Presumably yours, or is Gary Glitter standing behind you??....:eek:

slob
21-01-2015, 06:53 PM
i think it's all heading the right way, i had an old injury to my left biceps reconstructed with a bit of tendon from a breakers yard last week. fortunately the pills are working nicely until it all heals up a bit and i'll find out how it all looks over the next couple of months

Akita Boy
21-01-2015, 08:39 PM
i think it's all heading the right way, i had an old injury to my left biceps reconstructed with a bit of tendon from a breakers yard last week. fortunately the pills are working nicely until it all heals up a bit and i'll find out how it all looks over the next couple of months

Ouch! Hope you're healing well mate, and keep popping those pills!

MerlinPV12
23-01-2015, 11:10 AM
Apologies for being a tail end charlie..form completed. I'm hopefully back to full monster/forum participation very soon. Rob if you need any help, as Dirty said just shout...and hope you continue to heal

slob
23-01-2015, 01:45 PM
...Apologies for being a tail end charlie...

haha, no problem mike, only about 1500 behind you ;-)

MR21
24-01-2015, 11:04 AM
All done! Thx for your time in doing all this stuff.

Saint aka ML
24-01-2015, 09:40 PM
What T-shirts?

Mr Gazza
24-01-2015, 09:58 PM
....Why, the free Kawasaki T-shirts for £12.99 that you get when you re-affilliate to the Unridden Kawasaki Minders Of Coventry, of course...

J.P
09-02-2015, 06:55 AM
Morning , just a reminder for the new members of the club to sign up.
And old members for that matter. We're doing well so lets keep it going.

J.P
16-02-2015, 01:50 PM
Come on Members keep signing up please.

GOT TO THE FIRST POST ON THIS THREAD FOR THE INSTRUCTIONS FROM SLOB>

thanks

don_matese
16-02-2015, 02:24 PM
I think the issue is that its quite hard to see this post way down the page...

Thanks for all the hard work in organising the club guys, I've learned a lot about maintenance and upgrades on my bike from you

Matbat
14-04-2015, 07:55 AM
Just signed up, hopefully not missed the boat....

uksurfer
14-04-2015, 06:51 PM
Any news on the 2014 pack yet, I never received one :p

buzzbomb
14-04-2015, 07:42 PM
Thanks Rob I've just registered ..:thumbsup:

You know I really feel for you when you get all the grief over a free t-shirt...:banghead:

slob
14-04-2015, 07:47 PM
at least 2/3 oif the 2014 packs never showed up.
I'm quite relieved tbh.
Any we still have will be added to the 2015 sendout list