PDA

View Full Version : Go easy on the newbie!

Stinger101
02-01-2015, 08:10 PM
Hi all, I've joined very recently & I am the proud owner of a 1200S which I got in September. It's such an amazing bike. It has rekindled my passion for road riding. I'll explain that, I've spent the last several years racing & trackdaying a GSXR 1000. I then bought a VFR800 vtec for the Wife & I to go 'touring' on but have got a bit bored with the Honda. Years ago I used to occasionally ride a good friend's Monster S4R. I loved that bike. I returned to Monsters this year & bought this 1200s which has been the best thing I've done on two wheels since racing. Wholly unnecessary power and SO ADDICTIVE.
One thing for me that would improve it, is a quick shifter. Has anyone fitted one & can they advise me what brand to go for?
Many thanks & a Happy New Year to us all.

Dirty
02-01-2015, 08:33 PM
Hello, good evening, welcome

MrsC_772
03-01-2015, 07:16 AM
Hi George and welcome to the forum.

I don't know about quickshifters for the 1200S but BigOz had a Cordona quickshifter fitted to his 696. See thread at: http://www.ukmonster.co.uk/monster/showthread.php?t=48908&highlight=quickshifter. He went to a company called BSD http://bsd.uk.com/ducati-696-cordona-pq8-quickshifter-fit/

Stinger101
03-01-2015, 07:23 AM
Thanks MrsC for the pointer. My name's Mark. I think I'll add that on my next post. I know of BSD so will look them up. St Neots Motorcycles is my Ducati dealer. They may know a suitable item too.
bfn.

MrsC_772
03-01-2015, 12:11 PM
Sorry Mark - don't know why I called you George. (Maybe I'd been reading a post by another newbie called George or maybe my morning coffee hadn't soaked in yet!)

steeevvvooo
03-01-2015, 09:12 PM
Hello and welcome. Unnecessary power?! Wash your mouth out man! :D

Grumpy
04-01-2015, 02:16 AM
Welcome aboard!
There is no such thing as too much power with a monster! :mand:
I'm moving to St Neots in a couple of months, so will probably see you around :thumbsup::thumbsup:

cactus
05-01-2015, 04:12 PM
Hi there and welcome to the forum.

J.P
05-01-2015, 05:26 PM
Welcome to the club Mark.
Great choice for a new Monster , that engine is amazing isn't it.

If you find a quick-shifter let the rest of us know.

And the 1200 would be perfectly suited to a trackday too. I've done that will all my road Monster's.

Stinger101
13-01-2015, 05:30 PM
Sorry about the long time to reply, been busy it seems... 'Too much power' is a phrase that shouldn't have been used I admit, it's me trying to sound polite on a new site, with a new crowd. I'm too reserved maybe?
I took it on a trackday at Rockingham in October 'just to see' & despite the low ground clearance getting in the way everywhere, it was enormous fun, very capable & I embarrassed quite a few in the fast group too. Rgds, Mark

Stinger101
13-01-2015, 05:34 PM
Hi & thanks for the welcome. I know that really! I'd be keen to meet Monster owners & join some small or large ride out's. Halsted is a nice journey from Biggleswade, but St Neots is 10 miles away. There are some great rides if that's your thing. An hour or 5 is no problem! Get in touch if you go on, or hear of any when it's dry... I'll take the VFR800 in the rain, but I don't want to get this one filthy, at least not often.
Thanks, Mark

Stinger101
13-01-2015, 05:36 PM
Cheers & Thanks. I'm also new to these forum thingy's. I forgot to look in these last 10 days. Been too busy on ebay.....

Stinger101
13-01-2015, 05:41 PM
Thanks J.P. You're damn right. I LOVE the engine power & torque. It's totally addictive. See below what I posted to another on here;
I took it on a trackday at Rockingham in October 'just to see' & despite the low ground clearance getting in the way everywhere, it was enormous fun, very capable & I embarrassed quite a few in the fast group too.
Hope to enjoy a few ride outs & meets in the near future. I'm also looking at the August Spa dates with No Limits, but my main track bike is a GSXR1000 for those! Sorry...