PDA

View Full Version : Xmas job lost....... ouch

jerry
19-12-2014, 11:18 AM
i work in the offshore business and just been told all our work for 2015 has been cancelled .....looks like a bleak new year from where i am standing right now

i am registered with all the agencies but with oil at $60 many projects and jobs are being cancelled ,,,,, and there will be few openings ...

may be forced to sell some items in the spring ....

scrapps
19-12-2014, 01:46 PM
Hope it picks up for you soon jerry. Have a good Christmas

alan c
19-12-2014, 01:49 PM
That's a shame Jerry, I was made redundant at the start of November ! just accepted an offer and start on the 5th Jan.

Hope you can find something asap.

Mr Gazza
19-12-2014, 04:47 PM
Sorry to hear that Jerry...I think we've all been there at some time..:mad:

Have a chat with Stued...He is involved with that business in the North Sea.

Not sure exactly where Jepardy is, but there are a lot of jobs there apparently...:confused:

jerry
20-12-2014, 02:04 AM
My work is ROV and its all contract , there will be some work once the season in North seas starts in April but overall less than usual ,rest of the world is similar ,,lots of projects now delayed to 2017 or cancelled ,,,I need 140 days offshore minimum a year looks like 2008 again when i only got 71 days ,, so a lot of belt tightening ,,, ho hum

bluestoesonnose
20-12-2014, 06:36 AM
Sorry to hear this, I'm in a similar industry and have noticed an exodus from Aberdeen in the past few weeks. Had a mate in a similar position a few years ago. He cast his net world wide and was employed in two weeks, doubled his income and is loving it.

Dirty
20-12-2014, 09:00 AM
Sorry to hear about your work Jerry

popelli
20-12-2014, 03:40 PM
lost my Job 8 years ago and have been doing contract work ever since

have the occasional rough patch but generally in work most of the time and money goes up and down with the economy

reluctant to ever go back to a permanent job, working on a contract basis thru a limited company is far more tax efficient and you do not need to explain why you left the last position to future employers

He11cat
06-01-2015, 01:28 AM
Sorry to hear that .
There's been lots of Job losses right before Christmas here .
Terrible

jerry
06-01-2015, 03:59 AM
its looking really bleak right now thats for sure,, ,, also having some health issues ,, my anti depressents are not working and i am having eating problems and stomach problems ,bleeding , feeling sick ,,have now lost 4 kg in 3 weeks ,, no energy ,,,trying to enjoy my bike and thai weather but tired all the time ,,and unable to enjoy simple things like food is really worrying ,

i am also doing stupid things and generally feel dsiconnected , family is worried

not getting any sensible help from doctors here so returning to Uk an 2 weeks time ,, thats the earliest flight I can get .

yellowjonboy
06-01-2015, 09:12 AM
can`t believe oil will stay low for long fingers crossed for you chin up.good luck:thumbsup:

Dirty
06-01-2015, 02:12 PM
Can't say I'm upset about low oil prices, I hope they stay that way. I do hope you feel better soon and find some good work asap too though Jerry.

BigOz
07-01-2015, 10:35 PM
If your new to the anti depressants and if they are serotonin reuptake inhibitors give them time it can take a while from them to get going.

The first ones I was put on weren't SSRIs and didn't seem to do much for me, the doctor was quick to change them when I mentioned that so there are also other options so do ask.

Keep looking and planning ahead and I hope your stomach problems get better soon.

Andy

its looking really bleak right now thats for sure,, ,, also having some health issues ,, my anti depressents are not working and i am having eating problems and stomach problems ,bleeding , feeling sick ,,have now lost 4 kg in 3 weeks ,, no energy ,,,trying to enjoy my bike and thai weather but tired all the time ,,and unable to enjoy simple things like food is really worrying ,

i am also doing stupid things and generally feel dsiconnected , family is worried

not getting any sensible help from doctors here so returning to Uk an 2 weeks time ,, thats the earliest flight I can get .

jerry
08-01-2015, 05:56 AM
Big Oz i have been on My meds for years ,, and they are not working ,, they were never a cure anyway , but now that are failing , docs got me to up the dose 3 times , but when I go over the edge into a depression or get suicidal nothing except complete sedation is going to work ,,, I have a history of mental health depression going back to when i was 8 years old ,,,

problem is in Thailand there is no real support groups , counselling etc and its either thai prison detention !!!!! or mental hospital neither really an option for a westerner ...the Thai mental health proffessionels are only pill pushers of heavy sedatives , so I am hanging on until i can get to UK and even then its a fight to get help or treatment unless you are an emergency referral.

Now taking 60mg citalopram with 20mg amyltriptolene and some diazepam ,,,,and Ducati therapy when up to it ,, fortunately I have a couple of good friends and some patient family members ,,,and am staying calm as possible.

boris
08-01-2015, 03:24 PM
Hang on in there Jerry, I'm sure our fantastic, but sadly much derided NHS will do better for you when you get back? In the mean time, positive thoughts and best wishes to you. My good lady was on Citalopram for a short while last year and just couldn't get on with it - and that was on x1 10mg..

Regards..

Dookbob
08-01-2015, 08:17 PM
you have a knap hand of problems right now jerry by the sound of things, just stick with it , you never quite know when things will start to get better. sooner rather than later would be good of course. Here,s hoping your,e luck changes.

jerry
14-01-2015, 07:39 AM
I have been doing my best , but , friday i lost the plot ,,,went on booze filled bender and ended up in the local hospital after apparently taking an OD of my diabetic meds and some sleeping pills ...im home now and flddling with my bike but feeling really flakey , police also want to talk to me about some Thai men that were in a fracas on the beach 2 of them are in hospital ,, I am covered in cuts and bruises but cant remember a thing ...they stomach pimped me , antibiotic tetanus , cleanup and 2 days saline and some sedation ,, also i have not been controlling my diabetes either ,

my wife found all my meds in the dustbin .

weird thing is i have been offered 2 good jobs last week but now I am in no fit state to start them

my wife also says i tried selling my ducati last week for peanuts as well as other stuff in the house and she and a friend had to stop me again cant re call ??

J.P
14-01-2015, 07:58 AM
Jerry, you need to sort yourself out.

Dirty
14-01-2015, 02:27 PM
Sorry to hear that Jerry, hope you get your self on the mend soon. You are very lucky to have a caring family around you to take care when you need it.

And whilst I'm here would you take a pineapple, 2 hamsters and a pint of clam juice for your S4? :)

jerry
14-01-2015, 03:29 PM
Dirty you can have it but you need to get me a new brain .....

jerry
21-01-2015, 05:43 PM
Iwill be back in UK on thursday,, got an appointment for a full mediacal and a mental health assessment .......for next week,, i have had depression many time in last 50 years but nothing as expolsive as this ,,, totally unable to work,, had to turn down another job as my mental and physical health is even more flakey, finances are now in a really bad state ,, its frightening how quickly things can go pearshaped even when one is carefull and saves ???

probably going to have to sell one of my bikes in UK just to make ends meet it will most likely be the 750ss ,,,

the incident with the thais and the police has been resolved ,and Im a victim CCTV and some witnesses showed them robbing some korean tourists on pattaya beach between 2 &3 am where they bumped into me there are no CCTV but a russian couple and a thai woman said that the 2 guys tried to rob me and I went beserk actually stabbed both of them with a switch blade , not mine ???..... and then just wandered off in a total mess laughing my head off ..the local medical rescue team found me about 400m up the beach lying on a floating safety net out of my brains ...

,,,my wife is very worried ,as are my family and friends ,,, but my daughter kat age 15 thinks having a TING TONG dad is Kool ??????????? she says its the teenager in me !!

i just about still got my sense of humour i still have my S4 ..

Dirty
21-01-2015, 06:01 PM
Hopefully you'll be in better medical hands here, not that Thailand is that bad but it is expensive and I suspect their mental health units are not so advanced!

I haven't managed to find a brain but I can up my offer to 3 hamsters! :)

MerlinPV12
23-01-2015, 11:37 AM
Jerry, we've not met but you have my empathy regarding your current woes. Mental health resources here are stretched too with an unfortunate reliance on not very effective "care in the community". My Mum suffered with crippling depression for most of her adult life and literally a small fortune (and much love) was spent trying to help her. A proper diagnosis was only found late in her life when she was sectioned for the 2nd time and she was treated by an ace psychologist during her 6 month stay. He diagnosed untreated post natal depression which made absolute sense, her treatment thereafter gave her a better quality of life but sadly it was too late as she passed not long after.

Being sectioned is one way of taking time out and working on a proper diagnosis and treatment, and its not the end of the world. Its certainly not ideal and I'm sure not all experiences would turn out like my Mums but it sounds as though you need some dedicated time out to spend sometime with hopefully someone like my Mum had (eventually). They are reluctant to section people as it is very costly, but if its raised in your assessment I'd give it some serious consideration. I hope things turn around for you very soon.

jerry
27-01-2015, 04:49 PM
saw a doc today ,will be referred to local MH team they have me on meds ,, but doc is more concerned with my physical health , she is getting me to see another doctor tommorw , about some nasty bowel issues ?? and a full check up as i keep being nausea, sick, and wind and a lot of pain, more than usual from my old pelvic injuries and blod tests for my type 2 diabetes ..

fiddling with bikes in a cold garage to keep sane ,,

and trying to keep warm and calm ..and not too crazy

jerry
28-01-2015, 11:29 AM
im really angry today went to see the doctor for the emergency checkup from yesterday ,, Im in agony have not eaten any food for 36 hours ,, anyway doctor could not be arsed to read my notes !!1 did not even know why I was referred to him yeaterday ,, he waffled around for 10 minutes ,, no actual physical check ,, nought!!!! complete waste of time ,, so i no further along ,, I think a trip to A&E may be next option ,,,,, or topping myself ...

Dookbob
28-01-2015, 03:01 PM
Get yourself back to your first Doc. And tell her that the doctor she referred you to didn,t want to know. These pratts who we paid to educate are working thier days off for £2000 a day . Don't back off, make em have it.

jerry
28-01-2015, 03:46 PM
Dookbob

i dont have any trust in the Doctors they are all bloody locums ,, you never see the same person twice ,,, I think i may have to go to a&E im feeling really horrible..

jerry
30-01-2015, 05:02 PM
Spent the nightin Brighton A&E my dad insisted i go to hospital ,,, any way they gave me the thorough checkover that the Gp never did plus xrays ,bloods etc ,, seems I have 2 physical problems a nasty chest infection that needs antibiotics,,and and some bone infection in my pelvis from my old injuries that has been causing all the stomach issues this is somthing that i have been nagging the GP in Uk about for 2 years !!!!they have given me anti biotics for both i stayed in the hospital overnight they also got me on saline and a intversnous feed as im so wasted for not eating properly .
Im back at dads ,still crappy but able now to eat a little bit , Hospital has referred me to orthapaedics and Dieticians ,, i am back on my diabetic meds,

hospital are livid with the GPs but it seems its a common issue as there are so many locums with no commitment to local practices .They will be writing a nasty letter to the head of the practice as the hospitals are overstretched and some GPs are not doing the job they are paid to do

My depression is under control too but i need to know what set me off so negative recently as It has been real bad .

Dirty
30-01-2015, 05:35 PM
It's great to hear you are now on the track to recovery Jerry.

GPs can be very hit and miss. I had to change mine recently as they didn't have a clue. Even hospitals get it wrong sometimes. Burnt myself a couple of years back and was being treated at local A&E. It got infected and I ended up spending 2 days in hospital at a burns unit. If I'd been referred to them immediately could have avoided that and save the NHS a fortune!

Mr Gazza
30-01-2015, 05:44 PM
I've felt quite helpless following your story Jerry, and alternated between wanting to give you a slap or a hug..!

You've turned the corner now. Don't waste any time wondering about what set it all off, it will drive you bonkers...Just look forward....All you need is Love...:mand:

Dookbob
30-01-2015, 06:41 PM
Sounds like Brighton A & E have got thier act together, there might be hope for us after all.
You don't need some clown in a white coat to tell you why your mental state was getting out of hand.With two separate sources of infection poisoning your system you were on a downward spiral. Glad that things are getting sorted for you now.

jerry
31-01-2015, 12:57 PM
thanks gazza ,, a slap would be appreciated ha ha ,, dookbob i know , i was suprised at brighton A&E pretty smooth ,and thorough they are sending a very strong letter to the head of my GP practice complaing at their negligent care especially as i am diabetic ,

i think i am in for a long haul pysically to get better ,, and the depression issues , well i really not sure what will happen??

im lying on the sofa at dads feeling like **** but now able to eat a little bit,,,,
watching a lot of tele ,,