PDA

View Full Version : Custom made ear bungs

Harryo
20-11-2014, 08:48 AM
Looking for some advice please

I'm thinking of having some ear bungs made, I see the company "ultimate" are at the bike show, have any of you had any made from them or what suggestions do you have

None of them are cheap so I don't want to waste my hard earnt....

I've been using Oxford bungs for many years but like most they tend to wriggle out of the ear

Thanks in advance

Dirty
20-11-2014, 09:05 AM
They've been recommended by people on here before but I can't find the thread. I intend to get a pair one day.

alan c
20-11-2014, 09:05 AM
Looking for some advice please

I'm thinking of having some ear bungs made, I see the company "ultimate" are at the bike show, have any of you had any made from them or what suggestions do you have

None of them are cheap so I don't want to waste my hard earnt....

I've been using Oxford bungs for many years but like most they tend to wriggle out of the ear

Thanks in advance

I have had a set of Ultimate ear plugs for quite a few years now and recommend them.
As they are made to measure they are very comfortable and do not fall out !
They may be expensive but they last for years, I was commuting and used them everyday.
Think I went for the softer option ?

S4R Dude
20-11-2014, 09:58 AM
I use these. I was a Police motorcyclist for a while and used them all the time at work and still use them every day on the bike for commuting.
I also use them while shooting and wear normal ear defenders over the top of them.

I have had them years now and I suspect they have actually paid for them selves by now as I have not bought any of the foam type ones since.

Spend money to save money.....and your hearing.

bazread
20-11-2014, 10:00 AM
I made my own:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1-3-Custom-Moulded-Silicone-Ear-Plugs-Motorcycle-Racing-NRR-26-LIMITED-OFFER-/261637220008?pt=UK_Health_HealthCare_RL&hash=item3ceacb26a8

They are very good and relatively cheap :woot:

Harryo
20-11-2014, 10:38 AM
Thanks for your recommendations / thoughts

As said, I'm going to the bike show so I think I will get the moulds done

bazread, they do look good, if they don't last too long for that price you can make some more,

J.P
20-11-2014, 12:17 PM
Ultimate Ear are the perfect solution. As Alan said , not cheap, but there are lots of variations and I've had loads of different types over the last 8 years. The moulded ones with speakers in are particularly good.

jonzi
20-11-2014, 12:27 PM
I have a pair that I use whilst on the bike, wouldn't ride without them

And I have a pair that I wear when I sleep. It's easier than poking her in the side to stop snoring

S4R Dude
20-11-2014, 12:55 PM
I have a pair that I use whilst on the bike, wouldn't ride without them

And I have a pair that I wear when I sleep. It's easier than poking her in the side to stop snoring

You sure it's not your own snoring?:woot:

jerry
21-11-2014, 02:09 AM
When i ride with ear plugs and i have tried many types ,the wind noises dissapear but engine noise is louder especially the deep bass ??

its worse with full face helmets than open face ,, and sometimes its nicer to not ue ear plugs at all its actually quieter ,,,, I AM CONFUSED