PDA

View Full Version : Short urban riding boots

wezrvf
19-11-2014, 09:33 AM
Morning all,

I am thinking of getting a pair of urban boots for shorter blasts to coffee shops etc, that's how I roll ;)

Does anybody have any experience with these?

I am likeing the look of:

Rev'it ginza boots
TCX rap boots
Dianese street rocker

Any thoughts will be good.

Cheers

SunEye
19-11-2014, 11:01 AM
I bought a pair of TCX Jupiter Gore-Tex boots several years ago. I think they're great. I actually wear them more off the bike than on.

They're waterproof so my feet stay dry walking through puddles. Although the soles don't have a lot of tread the rubber compound is such that they don't slip easily on ice and snow (less easily than my proper hiking boots), so I wear them when it's icy. They are comfortable enough to wear all day and walk a fair distance in.

I've worn them on two tours to southern Spain and I can't fault them as riding boots in extreme heat and torrential rain.

Zimbo
19-11-2014, 11:17 AM
http://www.altberg.co.uk/product/hogg-lite-original/

Try those, britsh hand made by a Yorkshireman on a wooden last, will last you for life. Completely waterproof, and you can walk in them all day in comfort. If you wear them out they will re-sole or refurbish them.

Darren69
19-11-2014, 11:49 AM
+ 1 for Altberg, wouldn't wear anything else. Can't remember which ones I have but they are quite tall and as Zimbo says 100% waterproof, although others claim to be, I've not found a pair that keeps my feet as warm and dry as they do.

Zimbo
19-11-2014, 12:17 PM
And if you take a run over to Richmond to the factory (not too long a ride for you) they will measure you up and custom make the boot to your exact size!

wezrvf
19-11-2014, 01:19 PM
Thanks guys. TCX claim to be waterproof and it sounds like they may be. They are at the show next week so will bob over and take a look but if not the Altbergs look like a good shout !

Thanks again. Super helpful

Dirty
20-11-2014, 09:09 AM
I've got TXC, love them

Pezz
20-11-2014, 08:44 PM
try these

http://www.motolegends.com/boots/icon-1000-truant-boot-oiled-brown.html?utm_source=google&utm_medium=froogle&utm_campaign=product&gclid=CMCY9cKQisICFezHtAodhH4Ajg

I have them in black but think the brown are probably the nicer colour. They are more of a boot than the Dainese ones on your short list but more like a trainer than the other two.

Nickj
20-11-2014, 08:54 PM
The alt-bergs, my brothers leapt out of planes in them normal and hi-lo jumps, driven tanks, now sits on ships and shoots pirates in them Oh and he also rides a bike in them rates them quite highly

wezrvf
20-11-2014, 09:23 PM
Cheers guys :)

ercasa
21-11-2014, 04:04 PM
i really really like these, was planning to buy for town use - anyone tried? http://www.alpinestars.com/anaheim-shoe?#.VG9wi8m0N8E
they seem to have more protection and slightly more waterproof than similar ones - and you can go out w/them ;)

a friend has the dainese street rockers and is very happy with it for town riding