PDA

View Full Version : Monster 1200LCD display

wezrvf
12-11-2014, 08:57 PM
Ayup chaps.

The last couple of times I have ridden my Monster I have noticed the screen has got steamed up under the actual clear screen. This has gone now (have not I ridden it since so will probably steam up again I imagine) however it has left a water mark across the the whole of the LCD display which can be seen when it is off and on.

Thoughts? Should I bring it to Ducati? It is something I should expect or put up with? Seems a bit crappy on a £12500 bike.

Your thoughts on this will be interesting.

Cheers

tricolore
12-11-2014, 09:51 PM
I'd be jumping up and down if it was mine and you should complain and get it replaced..

I'm thinking of buying one, have you had any other problems ?

Dirty
12-11-2014, 09:59 PM
If it was mine it would be back in the dealers for a warranty repair faster than you could say 'gear position indicator!'

wezrvf
12-11-2014, 10:20 PM
Cheers guys.

Not had any other problems. The suspension comes with pretty much zero damping on the rebound but got the suspension sorted and it's been real fun. Only done about 1000 miles on it this summer and it probably won't get ridden too much through the winter. It isn't only 7 months old so will probably bring itin and get them to check I out.

Cheers guys

Saint aka ML
13-11-2014, 10:15 AM
Sadly it is normal for Ducati as well all had/have it. Not so much on new-er models but older all did it.

Go to dealer to get it replaced ASAP.

jerry
18-11-2014, 12:36 AM
misting on instruments is a standard fitment on ducatis as is cracking glass ..... replacement wont be much better ...

Nickj
18-11-2014, 07:42 AM
They#bve always done it, the sealing on the units is appaling. The boards are fibreglass so don't damage and unless they get really wet the chances of shorting are minimal, even if you put the stock control board into water it would still probably run.
The stepper mpotors are another thing though, the carbon position pick up tracks are sensitive to damp, the carbon layer will wear really fast if at all damp and then they fail.

AndyC_772
18-11-2014, 08:02 AM
The danger to electronics isn't so much from shorting, it's corrosion. Long-term exposure to water makes the copper traces oxidise, leading to open circuits.

coastal59
19-11-2014, 06:54 AM
Ffs , I thought I had seen the last of this on the MTS!

Grumpy
19-11-2014, 06:11 PM
Ffs , I thought I had seen the last of this on the MTS!

The joys of owning Italian!

If its of any conciliation, my Moto Guzzi Griso suffers from this as well!

tricolore
19-11-2014, 06:27 PM
Its a bit worrying when some dealers leave their demo's and second hand stock out in the rain all day.