PDA

View Full Version : Foggy!?!

Jonno
12-11-2014, 07:42 PM
Read the Metro today - Carl Foggerty on Im a Celebrity Get me Out!! Think I may sell my Ducati on principle.:thumbsdown:

Dirty
12-11-2014, 08:44 PM
Agreed. Foggy and the 916 was what made me love Ducati even though I hated bikes back then! I feel really let down by this awful news!

Yorkie
12-11-2014, 09:04 PM
Read the Metro today - Carl Foggerty on Im a Celebrity Get me Out!! Think I may sell my Ducati on principle.:thumbsdown:

How much you selling it for, must be going cheap now!!

Yorkie

Mand
13-11-2014, 07:00 AM
Apparently on another forum, they have a poll to see how long it will take before somebody punches him in the face..

Goofle
13-11-2014, 07:15 AM
Since he's quit racing he's become a lot less stroppy and more agreeable from what I've gathered.
Not sure how he'll manage surrounded by chumps in the jungle though. They'd drive a Saint to the bottle I reckon!
Still not enough of an incentive for me to watch it personally...

Ps didn't know he's an MBE. Fair play.

Dirty
13-11-2014, 07:55 AM
Stroppy and disagreeable was his charm! :)

Mand
13-11-2014, 08:46 AM
Love him or hate him, the mans a racing legend. I think I'm going to watch it :p

I have no shame :chuckle:

MerlinPV12
13-11-2014, 11:29 AM
In my head at least, Foggy is up there with the likes of Mike Hailwood, Joey, etc. What I cannot begin to fathom is why he'd even consider doing this - how depressing :confused:

Bonzo
13-11-2014, 02:09 PM
Im not a massive fan of IACGMOOH but Ill reserve judgement and give it a go open mindedly. If it turns out to be crap, I wont bother watching it anymore.

Simple really.

Dirty
13-11-2014, 02:14 PM
In my head at least, Foggy is up there with the likes of Mike Hailwood, Joey, etc. What I cannot begin to fathom is why he'd even consider doing this - how depressing :confused:

Totally agree :cens:

Mand
13-11-2014, 02:28 PM

Cash? Moolah? Money?

J.P
13-11-2014, 02:39 PM
Because for £50,000-£100,000, plus lucrative post program interview circuits , it's worth a heck of a lot of money, if you don't mind eating kangaroo penis.

Saint aka ML
13-11-2014, 02:50 PM
Because for £50,000-£100,000, plus lucrative post program interview circuits , it's worth a heck of a lot of money, if you don't mind eating kangaroo penis.

Some on that show might even enjoy eating those penises :P

utopia
13-11-2014, 02:59 PM
Exactly.
That WSB prize money won't have lasted very long.
He was selling a monster last year, wasn't he ? ...and of course nobody would do that unless they were seriously strapped for cash, would they ? :biggrin:
I've never watched that progamme myself, but I may do if Carl is on....though probably not for long.
I bumped into him at a book signing at my local WH Smiths a few years back ....had a brief chat and he actually came across on that day as a rather nice bloke.

SunEye
13-11-2014, 03:30 PM
It's all about the money. What does Carl earn an income from these days? Especially the sort of income that he used to earn when he was racing. As JP said not only does he get a lot for appearing on the show he'll get thousands for every interview and personal appearance he does once he leaves the jungle. The more popular he is with the viewers the more money he'll earn afterwards, and if you've got an ego like Carl's how can you fail to believe that the viewers will love you.

James Toseland earns £25,000 a race for his BT Sport work and he moans about not earning enough, I suspect because it's not a patch on what he used to earn. However considering that his wife has earned many tens of millions ($96 million between October 2013 and October 2014 apparently) I can't believe that they're short of a few quid and that he even needs to work, but that's how it is. If James didn't have regular TV work maybe he'd have been in the jungle instead of Carl.

I respect Carl Fogarty immensely as a racer, however when I read his autobiography I realised that he is a completely egotistical tool.

crust
13-11-2014, 06:47 PM
He's got a fair old property portfolio.

As well as his earnings from Foggy merchandise, personal appearances, he aint skint.

Greedy maybe.

Goofle
13-11-2014, 07:00 PM
I've every respect for the man to be honest. He wasn't in races to make friends, he was there to win. Fair enough.
I hold him in the same league as a Mr. K. Shwantz.

MerlinPV12
13-11-2014, 07:00 PM
I get the money and ego angles and that he may need to earn a living, but the jungle program is mind numbing dross - it may be the type of dross that earns him a stash of cash but perhaps unfairly I've envisaged him applying that steely focus on projects that don't potentially end up demeaning a great champion :(

Dirty
13-11-2014, 08:32 PM
Agree with Crust, i doubt very much that he is skint or 'needs' the money. Ego maybe, boredom, who knows.

I'll admit to watching the first few series of IAC. I thoroughly enjoyed watching the voting public literally torture a load of feeble minded celebs. It was a 21st century version of public flogging. That has mainly stopped and most contestants are non celebritys and non funny.

James Toseland earns £25,000 a race for his BT Sport work

He is over paid by £24,975 in my view!!

NattyBoy
17-11-2014, 07:55 PM
Just had a fiver on him - thought he came across really well last night - knowing that he's a miserable ****bag normally lol

Rally
19-11-2014, 05:07 PM
Has anyone thought that just maybe he realises that he has been seen as a knob by many since he finished racing and published his autobiography, and just maybe he wants to learn a little about himself?
They all come out saying how it's changed them. :look:

Funkatronic
19-11-2014, 06:57 PM
doubt its money, most likely he will have paid a top PR firm to improve his public profile (as his is known for being a asshole) nobody in this country gives a toss outside of the motorbike world even though he was great champion

the Jungle trip would have been one of their recommendations to try and get his profile up and show a better side to his character

Goofle
19-11-2014, 08:42 PM
Id guess that being....

....a completely egotistical tool....

.....Is what makes him so sucessful and so respected...

...as a racer.....

Dirty
20-11-2014, 09:10 AM
I watched 5 mins last night. It was all I could take. Foggy just seemed to be sticking his tongue out every so often, like someone who is going a bit mental!

Mand
21-11-2014, 05:34 AM
I suppose you've got to be a bit mental to race bikes like he did..

I've been watching it and I'm warming to him.

Liz
21-11-2014, 08:37 AM
I've never really watched it before and just catching bits here and there. It is actually quite funny in a rubbish sort of way, I like the footballer bloke, Jimmy! If that's what they want to do to increase their public profile then fair enough.

We have seen Foggy and Whitham at one of their evening talks, that was good!

stuartg
04-12-2014, 02:52 PM

Id eat kangaroo willy for a lot less than that. About a tenner should do it!

Dirty
04-12-2014, 03:08 PM
Id eat kangaroo willy for a lot less than that. About a tenner should do it!

I want to be taken for dinner first though!

Mand
07-12-2014, 10:09 PM
King of the jungle Foggy!! :spin:

scrapps
08-12-2014, 08:19 AM
Well done to Foggy . Does not matter why he did the show he did it well !

Mand
08-12-2014, 08:36 AM
Well done to Foggy . Does not matter why he did the show he did it well !

He did indeed! It was the first time I ever watched "I'm a celebrity" and now I have a deep void in my life now it's finished :D:D and I wasn't sure whether I liked him or not but I do!

wezrvf
08-12-2014, 07:52 PM
I think he really did himself proud. I don't get why so many people had such a problem with him doing it. I would do it for nothing. What an adventure, and all expenses paid. Why the hell wouldn't you !!

Dirty
08-12-2014, 08:11 PM
'Would you like to go live for a few weeks out doors?
No
'In Australia!'
No
'We'll feed you dependent on how well you do in the daily tasks we give you'
Erm no
'You may be required to eat a kangaroos arse'
What bit of no are you not getting?
'We'll film every moment and broadcast it to the Uk where your every move and word will be picked over and criticised by the likes of Philip Schofield et al'
Are you seriously still asking?
We'll pay you £150,000
Still no, now f off and annoy someone else!

:)

Mr Gazza
08-12-2014, 08:20 PM
I'm a Celeriac. Get a Sprout for me.

samieb
10-12-2014, 11:03 PM
Well I'm not 1 of Foggy's biggest fans but he opened my eyes to Ducati in the 90's and the rest is history as they say.

I never watched it but glad that Foggy won in the end. Love him or Loath him, at least he stuck it out to the end unlike some we could mention who only lasted 3 days before collecting a £100K.

Anyway 1 of the hidden messages I see from this, is to all those blinkered car drivers who don't look out for Motorbikes or Cyclists when there in there square boxes with 4 wheels. It may just save few more lives and make people look more than twice. Instead of a SMIDSY pathetic excuses or attitude. Foggy as a 4 times WSBK Champion and now a winner on IMACGMOOH and all those who are glued to the TV because of IMACGMOOH may just think again when driving that little square box on 4 wheels.

Well done Foggy.