PDA

View Full Version : Magnetic Tank Bag

Flip
04-11-2014, 11:16 PM
My clear out continues and so before this goes the eBay route I thought I would see if anyone here is interested.

I know it's not exactly touring time of year but here we have a magnetic tank bag with a soft but grippy kind of flock base, two side pockets and one to the rear under the Velcro sealed flap that also allows access to a clear map/notes pocket. Double zips around three sides gives access to the main compartment which has a foam base to cushion anything inside away from the petrol tank.

Looking for £15 plus p&p at cost.

http://i1372.photobucket.com/albums/ag329/fluke900/TB1_zps06d444f7.jpg (http://s1372.photobucket.com/user/fluke900/media/TB1_zps06d444f7.jpg.html)

Mr Gazza
05-11-2014, 05:03 PM
I think I am interested Flip..

Assuming the clear panel for the map/route notes is on the top of the bag?

Are the dangly bits with clips, for straps? or do the magnets alone hold it on well enough for high speed cruising?

Can you see the speedo over it when crammed full?

What is the airspeed velocity of a Swallow..?

Sorry lots of questions, it looks like what I'm after though.

Dukedesmo
05-11-2014, 05:21 PM
What is the airspeed velocity of a Swallow..?

African or European..?

Mr Gazza
05-11-2014, 05:33 PM
African or European..?

..........Is the correct answer...:chuckle:

Dirty
05-11-2014, 05:41 PM
I thought it was 'depends on what you are swallowing!'

Saint aka ML
05-11-2014, 05:54 PM
If Gazza (strip) is not interested in ownership I might be. For me only one question does it stay on the tank with magnets only?

do not care about map or speedo ;)

Dukedesmo
06-11-2014, 10:09 AM
..........Is the correct answer...:chuckle:

Good, because I didn't want to be flying off that bridge again... :chuckle:

Mr Gazza
06-11-2014, 04:39 PM
Flip.
Thank you for the pm with all the info...I was talking with my boss today and when I mentioned Tank Bags, he said he would give me one.
Well that's one way to get to the top I suppose, but it seems he also has a Tank Bag going spare.
So thanks Flip, but I will pass it over to Saint.

Lukaz.
Fill your boots chap..BTW..That is the first time I have been associated with a war zone, but slightly better than being associated with that footballer 2@ I suppose..:look:

Duke.
I went to a public lecture by Chris Packam a couple of years ago, and when he took questions from the audience, I asked him the "Swallow" one.
Quick as a flash, and with a twinkle in his eye, he came back with "African or European?"
When the laughing finished I said "So are you saying there are two species?"...Which prompted about 15 minutes of all you ever wanted to know about Swallows, Swifts and Martins...The man is a talking Encyclopedia and wit..:hail:

Flip
06-11-2014, 10:48 PM
No worries Gazza,

I hope you get the promotion and the tank bag is worth it !!!

Flip
09-11-2014, 12:02 PM
Just in case it sways it for anyone I can confirm it comes with a clip on carry strap in addition to the fitted handle, along with a 'shower cap' style water proof cover for those not so sunny days out.

Goofle
09-11-2014, 03:57 PM
If it's still available I'll take it please?