PDA

View Full Version : Monster 1100S 2009

Albie
01-11-2014, 04:39 AM
BIKE IS NOW SOLD

Ok here it is for sale. You don't need pictures right now and bear in mind you can see I am not sleeping as its not yet 5.00 am so its mulling over my mind to sell.
I have had various enquirys and the story behind it is I don't have to sell but will sell if anyone wants it. It came to me new in June 2009 and I have never loved a bike so much before and parts were sought to change it without hesitation of cost back then and most carbon matches. No cheap Chinese stuff was bought. Honestly I don't want to sell her because she has given me pleasure and never let me down but the good thing is she is a great bike. Service this year by Alex @ Proteam Ducati with belts, fluids and rear pads and Mot in June. Tax ran out yesterday. New tyres last June 2013 for the TT run. Just over 10,000 miles ridden by a slow old fella but occasionly blatted in a straight line. Never thrashed and you all know that as I don't mind being Captain Slow. Garaged always at home.

Deal ONE
Standard Monster 1100S bike with Red Panels and no extras.
That's the standard seat ( done 145 miles )
All back with levers and exhaust and carbon front mudguard, rear exhaust covers and belt covers.
Just over 10,000 miles

Price is £5000 and £500 cheaper than I have seen for a bike similar.

Deal TWO
The bike with all these bits
Standard Monster 1100S as above
Carbon vanni tank set ( £600 )
Spare full panel set in aluminium effect hydro dipped
Ducati performance Mono seat in carbon by Carbon vanni ( £552.00)
Termignoni Carbon exhaust system with ecu and filter ( £900 )
Rizoma rearsets (£600)
Rizoma passenger footrest to fit ( £188)
Ducati touring seat (£170)
JHP gold pressure plate (£85)
Ducati Performance springs and caps in black
Carbon front bikini fairing (£100)
Carbon key lock cover (£25)
Carbon alternator wiring cover (£35)
Carbon exhaust heat shield (£30)
Carbon speedo top cover (£30)
Carbon rear hugger (£125)
Carbon front sprocket cover (£35)
Carbon air duct sides under tank ( £90)
Carbon air duct centre (£55)
Carbon rear chainguard cover (£30)
Carbon flapper valve cover(£30)
Evotech tail tidy (£80)
Pazzo copy levers brake and clutch
Oberon clutch slave cylinder just fitted in black (£40)
Billet Monster clutch cover (£80)
Ducati Performance headlight carbon trim ( £55)
Spare sprocket hub carrier in black ( powdercoated)
Single side paddock stand
UKMOC bike cover.
There may be bits I missed too with it.

£6000 NO OFFERS

Heres the score. Im not DESPERATE to sell the bike. I could and would keep the bike in standard condition if not ( and then part ex if needed) and will sell all the goodies on if not taken as a deal. The reason I would like to keep her is this will be a classic and tbh I don't care about modded bike if I have a scrambler so if not takers on package 2 the extras will be put up for sale with prices I seem reasonable. I want someone to have the chance of ALL first and am removing the LED indicators and Rizoma throttle grips and fluid pots for my scrambler and the crash protectors. If they do not fit the scrambler will sell on again.

Its a very strange day for me now

mart64
01-11-2014, 07:50 AM
Deal two for me, pm sent
Cheers

Akita Boy
01-11-2014, 08:14 AM
Nice one Mart, that's an extremely nice and very lovingly maintained 1100s you're getting you're hands on there. With loads and loads of extra carbon (is it every possible to have too much carbon??!!??)

Albie
01-11-2014, 08:28 AM
Ok I'm pleased who has bought her. I'm sad in a way but you understand right !.

mart64
01-11-2014, 08:39 AM
Nice one Mart, that's an extremely nice and very lovingly maintained 1100s you're getting you're hands on there. With loads and loads of extra carbon (is it every possible to have too much carbon??!!??)
The lure of the carbon body work was to hard to resist :biggrin:

walpole68
01-11-2014, 09:45 AM
Some nice bits on that bike,mine has been one if not the only bike I have missed after selling.but time and people change. welcome to the Scrambler Club.

Liz
01-11-2014, 09:50 AM
Well done on the sale and the purchase you two!

buzzbomb
01-11-2014, 09:54 AM
The Scrambler Club seems to be getting bigger by the day...;);)

Albie
01-11-2014, 10:14 AM
Thanks Geoff. I best leave by the back door then. I will shut it quietly.

MerlinPV12
01-11-2014, 10:36 AM
Thanks Geoff. I best leave by the back door then. I will shut it quietly.

I think you might just be entitled to "lifetime honorary membership" of UKMOC :biggrin:

Albie
01-11-2014, 11:06 AM
I think you might just be entitled to "lifetime honorary membership" of UKMOC :biggrin:

I doubt it. Nice thought though. I do love this club whatever. 11 year sentence

mart64
01-11-2014, 11:47 AM

Chairman of the naughty corner :idea:

Albie
01-11-2014, 01:20 PM
Chairman of the naughty corner :idea:

I don't do boss. I am a team player.

scrapps
01-11-2014, 01:26 PM
Join me in the naughty corner mate its not so bad. :thumbsup:

gary tompkins
01-11-2014, 01:35 PM
and me.. assuming I manage to get the Buell fixed over the winter

Albie
01-11-2014, 01:36 PM
I may yet buy another some day especially if I don't like it lol. Now that would be funny.... not...

Fatal
01-11-2014, 02:54 PM

We could let the Scramblers into the fold and rename it UK MOCSOC :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Alan H

Dirty
01-11-2014, 05:20 PM
and me.. assuming I manage to get the Buell fixed over the winter

What about the trike?

utopia
01-11-2014, 06:34 PM
We could let the Scramblers into the fold and rename it UK MOCSOC

UKMASOCISTI ?
Taking perverse delight in the confusion of not knowing exactly who the f*** we are ?

Perhaps we should consider that Lowell George, then of the Mothers of Invention who, when presenting his new tune "Willin" to band supremo Frank Zappa, was told.....
"That's a really nice tune....why don't you START YOUR OWN BAND ?"

Albie.....Saw your post in the small hours. ...Didn't know quite what to say then. ...Still don't really.
It must be a wrench to part with the monster, but in fact the scrambler could turn out to be a pretty good option.
Glad the monster isn't being broken up though.
(and glad you're keeping the indicators)

Albie
01-11-2014, 06:59 PM
UKMASOCISTI ?
Taking perverse delight in the confusion of not knowing exactly who the f*** we are ?

Perhaps we should consider that Lowell George, then of the Mothers of Invention who, when presenting his new tune "Willin" to band supremo Frank Zappa, was told.....
"That's a really nice tune....why don't you START YOUR OWN BAND ?"

Albie.....Saw your post in the small hours. ...Didn't know quite what to say then. ...Still don't really.
It must be a wrench to part with the monster, but in fact the scrambler could turn out to be a pretty good option.
Glad the monster isn't being broken up though.
(and glad you're keeping the indicators)

No I am ok with it and spoken to both Martins in UKMOC today. I know where I am going and very happy that someone gets my bike rather than a stranger. I spoke today with John@ Ducati Ashford about possibly building with spoke wheels option so I can build it how I want it just like a Monster but saying that you couldn't put spokeys on them without spending oodles of dosh. No prices as yet to do these things but alls in hand when details come out.
I have to take the odd bits off tomorrow as Martins coming up to shake on it and hopefully will go in a week or so which suits me as that's going to be the worst part if there is such a thing. I feel rather hypocritical as when the scrambler first rose it first news I criticised what a stupid idea of a vee twin off roader. Not that that has really happened because in fairness its not really an off roader but a cross over street bike with cool styling to some and no doubt disgusted by some others. My daughter thought I was mad but now understands why I want to do it. Caroline doesn't pillion as much now but hopefully she will again soon as hope to share with her too and feel it will be more comfy too.
Yes I would never have left the indicators on as I did a Ducati questionnaire online and they asked what I liked and disliked just like they did with monster as to why the EVO came along probably. I stated the indicators should have been LED like the rest of bikes lamps and think they will look good on this bike too as the Rizoma are very bright.

I hope still have stuff to say on here but don't want to bore you all with Scrambler dreams and stuff because this is a Monster site but hope I can still contribute with stuff in the months I have to wait whilst they build her. Never really saw the day coming but it has and I think I have to blame slob for that whilst mulling over chat in the resteraunt in Belgium him saying I think you and many others will be somewhat surprised when you see it. Yep ! not wrong there then.

Dirty
01-11-2014, 07:20 PM
I had a feeling it would look great, 1st gen Ducati's mostly do. I'm dead jealous but may well join the Scrambler ranks when circumstances change. Will keep the Monster though.

Albie
01-11-2014, 07:32 PM
I had a feeling it would look great, 1st gen Ducati's mostly do. I'm dead jealous but may well join the Scrambler ranks when circumstances change. Will keep the Monster though.

Technically it may be 2nd generation maybe. I wouldn't say that's not a bad idea to keep both. Go for it later. I will happily be a guinea pig and Yellows the right colour here imho :mand:

Dirty
01-11-2014, 08:05 PM
Technically it may be 2nd generation maybe. I wouldn't say that's not a bad idea to keep both. Go for it later. I will happily be a guinea pig and Yellows the right colour here imho :mand:

Yeah I guess it is technically :scratch:

Albie
01-11-2014, 09:37 PM
Yeah I guess it is technically :scratch:

Mark I

http://i1042.photobucket.com/albums/b423/ukmonster/Scrambler/ducati-scrambler-450-06.jpg (http://s1042.photobucket.com/user/ukmonster/media/Scrambler/ducati-scrambler-450-06.jpg.html)

Mark II lol

http://i1042.photobucket.com/albums/b423/ukmonster/Scrambler/2015-Ducati-Scrambler-testing-spy-photos-01.jpg (http://s1042.photobucket.com/user/ukmonster/media/Scrambler/2015-Ducati-Scrambler-testing-spy-photos-01.jpg.html)

Erm possibly MKII

http://i1042.photobucket.com/albums/b423/ukmonster/Scrambler/ducati-scrambler-027-1.jpg (http://s1042.photobucket.com/user/ukmonster/media/Scrambler/ducati-scrambler-027-1.jpg.html)

Looks right at home. looking at the original is has some striking resemblances hasn't it

Dirty
01-11-2014, 09:49 PM
Yeah, you can kind of see it, but then again the closer you look the less they have in common, it's really mainly just the colour. The first one does nothing for me at all.

Anyway as far as I am concerned Ducati's didn't exist pre 94 so the 'new' 1 is gen 1 to me :)

samieb
04-11-2014, 10:42 PM
God Luck Albie. Go with whatever floats your boat.