PDA

View Full Version : value of 98 m900

manwithredbike
21-10-2014, 06:37 PM
anyone hazard an estimate of the value of my 98 m900. 8k miles, kept indoors clean, high level cans, cams upgraded to proper ss ones, running like a clock, mot'd for 10 months, proper fastest colour (red over gold). just looking for an idea as i'm considering a private trade-in and really don't have a clue.
ps i see the other thread where an m reg for breaking or spares went for nearly £1.5k!! i'd prefer a realistic estimate.
thanks in advance

Darkness
21-10-2014, 09:15 PM
Hard to be specific as the '98 model year is old, but not oldest. It really comes down to condition and what maintenance has been done recently. The low mileage doesn't really count for much if it's out standing in it's field rather than outstanding.........

gary tompkins
21-10-2014, 09:32 PM
Part exchange deals with dealers usually gives you a low price, unless you are going for something mega expensive, that they are desperate to shift out of the showroom. Private sales can fetch best prices but we are approaching winter, and that really is the worse time of year to flog a bike. I'm guessing top money for your 900 will be around £2500

manwithredbike
21-10-2014, 09:59 PM
thanks for the replies lads. it's a possible private deal. my bike has been kept in a garage and hardly out in the rain tbh - so for the year she's in top nick