PDA

View Full Version : M factory rear shock for my M750

jerry
21-10-2014, 01:46 PM
The old Sachs on my m750 has expired ,, its 14 years old and has done 27,000 miles

Derek at SCM in Ipswich opened it up as I hoped he could rebuild it and it looked good from outside but he told me that it was not worth it , he is a great chap and can rebuild most shocks to new or better he did my 750ss , he reccommends Ohlins although he does not sell them ,I could have got an ohlins prc46 for £660 and have one on my S4 , but I decided to get a Mike Capon's M Shock , from shock factory as they have excellent reputation and are hand built to order for weights etc ,,, will have it by friday , full adjustable 48 clicks 2 year warranty including c spanner only £350 delivery by UPS

I ordered it over the phone a really nice chap.

Mike is a 20 year veteran of the automotive suspension business and a well known ex bike racer and champion ,,, http://www.shock-factory.co.uk

cant wait to try it out

mart64
21-10-2014, 07:20 PM
Thanks for posting this.
Be interested in reading your feedback as thinking of changing mine this winter.
Cheers

jerry
27-10-2014, 09:45 PM
Well i have fitted the M shock its a real quality bit of kit and now done about 100 miles on it first set it midway at 24 clicks out of 48 for compression /rebound after 40 miles reduced it by 4 clicks to 20 its really nice the handling and feel from the back end is very sure footed with lots of feedback from the tyre ,, can really push it round bends better than old set up
comfort and compliance are good I am happy with this shock .