PDA

View Full Version : Rider to rider intercom

Liz
12-09-2014, 08:41 AM
Just looking for advice on rider to rider intercom/bluetooth due to the fact I do brilliantly at getting lost! :dizzy:

jonzi
12-09-2014, 08:45 AM
I've just lent Rob my Scala bike to bike intercom that can be connected to a phone or satnav

Get dsome feedback from him and Thuli at the end of the month

I used it a little with the ex. Worked well enough so that whilst she was learning I could talk to her about stuff. from about a mile away. Which in hindsight wasn't far enough.

J.P
12-09-2014, 09:07 AM
hahaha.
Scala get good reviews and do a few others.

goalc
12-09-2014, 09:47 AM
I just got the UClear HB100 Plus intercom. Its mainly used to talk to my pillion , but I've noticed it still works really well when the pillion is about 50M away, and Uclear say it works up to 500M away. The mic is built into the earphones so you don't have a mic stuck at the front of the helmet, and sound is really clear. I would definitely recommend it, although it is a bit pricey when compared to Scala, but I liked the fact that you don't have a separate mic...and I like to have the latest gadget :chuckle:

Stafford
12-09-2014, 10:59 AM
I just got the UClear HB100 Plus intercom.... although it is a bit pricey when compared to Scala, but I liked the fact that you don't have a separate mic...and I like to have the latest gadget :chuckle:

Not compared to the scala rider g9x :D

buzzbomb
12-09-2014, 12:10 PM
I used it a little with the ex. Worked well enough so that whilst she was learning I could talk to her about stuff. from about a mile away. Which in hindsight wasn't far enough.

Oh Dan what are you like...:Furious:

MikeEsholt
13-09-2014, 07:39 AM
I have a Scala Rider 2 which I use to guide my new rider daughter on her scooter.

Works okay, but if I get an incoming call on the phone, it loses the connection to her and takes a time to set up again - lots of random finger poking.

Black Bob
13-09-2014, 08:37 AM
Which in hindsight wasn't far enough.

Laughing my area off. :D

nambduke
13-09-2014, 07:35 PM
Evening

The only problem I have with bluetooth intercoms is the delay in going back to talk mode after the sat nav kicks in/off. Mrs Nambduke and I have the Schuberth bluetooth units - think they are based on the lower model Scala units. My old Autocom with bike to bike radios were so much better. However....bluetooth = no wires which is better.

Regards
Mark