PDA

View Full Version : bye bye monster..... oops hello aprilia

maxxjod
02-09-2014, 07:21 PM
It was with a heavy heart that I made the decision a few months ago to sell the 750 monster that I had owned, and made my own, for almost 7 years. I had an enquiry from an advert I had placed the guy turned up looked at the bike, listened to it run and handed over a small stack of £20 notes and promptly rode of in his T-shirt shorts and trainers.
I had made the decision to sell my bike as my back, knees and hips were starting to cause me real bother when riding and for the next few days after riding.
I had passed a bike a few times near me that was for sale but never really took any notice, about to pass it again and the learner driver in front of me stopped for no reason and promptly stalled the car so while waiting I looked at the bike I had passed a few times and was stunned that A- it was so cheap and B- I could afford it with the money I had saved combined with the money i sold the monster for.
It turned out that I had been driving past a mint 1 owner aprilia 750 dorsoduro that was for sale for less than 4k, so I phoned the bikes owner who turned out to be a very nice guy, did a deal and now the bike is mine.
Now I know its not a Ducati but it is an Italian V twin with plenty of caracture, I also know I will have to sit in the naughty courner on any monster outings.
I have to say its great going out for a ride and not aching for the next few days.
Hope to see some of you in the not too distant future.

P.s another tunnel run would be great?

Grumpy
02-09-2014, 07:31 PM
Have fun on the Aprillia.
When the Griso was at the local dealer for servicing under warranty, I rode a selection of Aprillia's as loan bike's, they where well put together machines.

Tunnel run??.........mmmmmmm!

steeevvvooo
02-09-2014, 08:04 PM
Enjoy whatever you ride! :thumbsup:

You are right... Italian, twin etc. Aprillias often catch my eye :)

Dirty
02-09-2014, 08:56 PM
Until you wrote aprilia 750 dorsoduro I had no idea what one was. I just looked...... That looks cool!! I LIKE!

maxxjod
02-09-2014, 09:07 PM
Hi Dirty, I hope you are feeling OK now?
The aprilia has an awesome riding position for me, the engine is great lots of v twin torque and I am sure that somebody at the aprilia factory was given the task of sorting the airbox and exhaust noise out. The air box growls and the exhaust barks and crackles it makes it so much fun.
Downsides are that it will only do about 90 miles on tank of fuel, but I can live with that as my journey to work is only 15 miles each way.

Nickj
03-09-2014, 05:59 PM
To qualify for the naughty corner you have to prove your naughtiness:
1. by arriving on a naughty bike
3. by a display of naughtiness

http://static.blogo.it/motoblog/test-aprilia-dorsoduro-750/aprilia_dorsoduro_750_01.jpg

That should do nicely :eek:

garry
03-09-2014, 07:43 PM
dorsoduro,s a brilliant choice of machine mucker, i,ve had apes fer the last 8 years and loved every minute... mahoosive smiles per mile...

enjoy whatever yer ride and keep it upright.... (ish)..