PDA

View Full Version : Norfolk Run Sept 7th

Mr Gazza
27-08-2014, 08:11 PM
I have made the effort not to have the word "Museum" in the title so as not to confuse this run with any of the other Norfolk Runs we have had......even though the destination is a Museum..!!:banghead:

This might be our last run out together this year. So hope everyone can make it.

The Museum is the Norwich Aviation Museum. Always a freindly little place with some very interesting and well kept exibits. You can even get touchy feely with them which is very refreshing.

http://www.cnam.co.uk/

Entry is £4.30 but they normally panic and give a group discount if they see a crowd..:chuckle:

The museum is not the point however, just an excuse for a ride out.

It doesn't open till 12 on a Sunday so we can be very laid back about getting there.

Lets meet at the Kingfisher Cafe at Walcott for 10.30am Sun 7th Sept.
Plenty of time for tea, cakes and banter.

Depart 11.30am for just under an hours run, with the interesting feature of using the same 50yard piece of road twice to make the most of Norfolks best bends and yet avoiding a big A road to keep on course..

The Museum has a nice little cafe with a simple menu, so another chance for topping up with tea, chatting and planning our winter meets.

Not an ambitious run, but all the classic Norfolk hallmarks...A cafe near water, a twisty run and a Museum...:chuckle:
Next years theme will be Gardens...:chuckle:

emzedder
30-08-2014, 03:26 PM
Do you know if you can still sit in the Vulcan cockpit?

Mr Gazza
30-08-2014, 07:04 PM
As far as I know you can still get inside the Vulcan.
Sometimes you have to pay for a ticket in the cafe to get inside, but on certain days you can just help yourself.
I have been on group visits (and even organised some) where access has been open to various cockpits by permission of the owner of some of the exibits...The Lightning for instance.
One time our group got a guided tour inside the Nimrod by the ATC from the control tower just over the way...He had served on Nimrods, so he knew his stuff..It was very interesting.

I don't know what access we will get on the day. I could arrange something special with the curator, as I know him reasonably well, but I have no idea if we will have a worthwhile group as I don't know who's coming yet????

Maybe you could let me know chaps...and keep bumping the thread...:mand:

Stued
30-08-2014, 07:13 PM
In my best swartzenneger voice...........

I'll be there

emzedder
04-09-2014, 05:44 PM
Unfortunately a family commitment noe prevents me from joining you guys on Sunday. Have a good ride.

Mr Gazza
04-09-2014, 07:25 PM
Thanks for letting us know emzedder, will catch up with you later chap.

Looks like just me and thee Arnold...:chuckle: