PDA

View Full Version : Whilst I was in the ambulance today

Dirty
26-08-2014, 10:09 PM
Being rushed to Kngs College hospital with a heart attack I was tempted to go on Facebook and update my status to 'having a heart attack lolz'.

steeevvvooo
26-08-2014, 10:19 PM
Was is induced by a bucket of water over your head? (hoping you are joking btw)

StevieL
26-08-2014, 10:27 PM
Probably due to getting a reply to the ad on grindr............. I also hope that you're having a laugh atb S

Mr Gazza
26-08-2014, 10:29 PM
WTF....Please tell me you are joking.....Anyway I don't get it??

Not been over doing it, have you chap?

MerlinPV12
26-08-2014, 10:34 PM
Squadron leader Dirty, I do hope this didnt come about "in action" and as Steeevo says, your kidding right? We're not ready for a new sortie leader yet....

garry
26-08-2014, 10:49 PM
come on now mucker, tha dont post a bit like that without comin back lad..

hope yer ok

Dirty
26-08-2014, 10:55 PM
Was is induced by a bucket of water over your head? (hoping you are joking btw)

Nope was induced by 30 years of smoking plus my current sedentary lifestyle!

Thanks for your concerns guys. As you can tell it hasn't dented my sense of humour. True story re Facebook. I didn't do it cos the paramedic was a really nice chap and working very hard and I didn't want him to think I wasn't taking it seriously (I was, I just see the funny side of everything all the time regardless) plus he seemed a bit busy to be getting my phone for me.

Anyway upside is I'm alive (sorry to disappoint a few of you 😜) the nurses are lovely and I'm likely to be around for a whole yet. Got the DGR to do!

Downside is the food ain't great, no wifi and I'll have to start exercising and diet and all that stuff.

I gave up smoking 2 months ago, typical! 😃

Dirty
26-08-2014, 10:59 PM
Btw the way thanks for the grinder reply stevel. Of all days this may have been your lucky one. Beggars can't be choosers when you have just minutes to live ��

garry
26-08-2014, 11:13 PM
yer crazy fecker...

but glad yer ok.... ish

MerlinPV12
26-08-2014, 11:16 PM
I'm not ready for promotion just yet so good to hear yer ok, collective "phews" all round I think.. rest up and keep us updated please - any nurse pics welcome too :biggrin:

Funkatronic
26-08-2014, 11:19 PM
**** me mate thats very scary!

glad yr still kicking

utopia
26-08-2014, 11:43 PM
Blimey, mate, that's a proper shocker.
Glad to hear you're kinda ok though.
Didn't have you down as old enough to be into that carry on just yet, tbh.
Happened to my best mate a few years back...twice. He's well laid back now he's on the beta blockers (still plays a mean mandolin though). ...and still smokes (as am I, as I type).
Its the tobacco....its soooo addictive.
Get well soon, and stay off the fags.

Mr Gazza
27-08-2014, 05:40 AM
NEVER done this before....Got up early to see if there was any news before going to work.!

Really hoped it was one of your wind ups, but it seems not.!

Glad you got through this one...DON'T have another one..Make sure you get your belts changed and take a bit less salt......:D

Get well soon buddy...:thumbsup:

Grumpy
27-08-2014, 05:45 AM
That's one hell of a technique to try and pick up a nurse!

StevieL
27-08-2014, 06:03 AM
Pleased to hear that you're on the mend, get one of those e cig thingys and bin the fags, my other half had a mitral valve replacement three years ago after she suffered heart failure - local surgery had been treating her for asthma ffs - you will have to learn to pace yourself. I too usually see the funny side of most situations although it isn't always appreciated................... atb Steve

Cobra88
27-08-2014, 06:54 AM
Get well soon Dirty :)

Stued
27-08-2014, 06:57 AM
Glad you're ok sir

rollo22
27-08-2014, 07:16 AM
Get well soon big "D"

pompone
27-08-2014, 07:42 AM
Glad you're ok mate, let me know if you need anything. You can start come running with me if you want ;)

steeevvvooo
27-08-2014, 07:47 AM
get well soon mate! You've probably induced a few scares to passers by with those pipes of yours but not enough to deserve one of your own!

sapone cremoso
27-08-2014, 07:51 AM
Glad you're ok D, see you one the road soon

LouSCannon
27-08-2014, 08:04 AM
Has a heart attack and still can't help jabbering on! :)

Hope you feel better soon chap, rest up and enjoy the sponge baths...

mintyhit
27-08-2014, 08:17 AM
Bloke who sits next to me at work had a heat-attack week before last as well... they must be going around!!?

Seriously though, really glad you are ok matey! Rest up and get well soon!

James

Albie
27-08-2014, 08:39 AM
Take it easy fella. Keep the humour up as I guess thats what you run on.

Mr Gazza
27-08-2014, 10:03 AM
I saw a young woman down at the bus stop this morning, all hot and bothered and out of breath.
I though I could help and asked "Did you come on the bus?"

She said "Yes, but I managed to disguise it as an asthma attack"

Akita Boy
27-08-2014, 10:18 AM
Hope youre feeling better Mate.

J.P
27-08-2014, 10:28 AM
So sorry to hear that Dirty.
I really hope it doesn't leave you in too much pain.
Please get well soon and I'm glad you're keeping the humour up.

wezrvf
27-08-2014, 10:47 AM
get well soon Dirty !! keep laughing :)

pegboy
27-08-2014, 10:58 AM
sorry to hear, hope your back on yr bike soon

slob
27-08-2014, 11:00 AM
Malingering lollygagger! stop making excuses and update your bookface status

FLATTOP
27-08-2014, 02:12 PM
I would say you have a #your not well sense of humour# but in this case you really are not well get better soon you lunatic.

Dirty
27-08-2014, 05:08 PM
...and still smokes (as am I, as I type).
Its the tobacco....its soooo addictive.
Get well soon, and stay off the fags.

I'm pretty keen to make it work this time.

I think the general message of this must be 'stop smoking children!' And stop smoking cigarettes too!

Glad you're ok mate, let me know if you need anything. You can start come running with me if you want ;)

:chuckle:

Bloke who sits next to me at work had a heat-attack week before last as well... they must be going around

Oh FFS if I knew they were so common I wouldn't have bothered!

I saw a young woman down at the bus stop this morning, all hot and bothered and out of breath.
I though I could help and asked "Did you come on the bus?"

She said "Yes, but I managed to disguise it as an asthma attack"

:chuckle::chuckle:

Malingering lollygagger! stop making excuses and update your bookface status

As I survived I don't think it would have been half as funny. If I hadn't it would have been up there with Spike Milligan's headstone that says 'I told you I was I'll!'

Thanks for all the good wishes everyone ? I should be back on the bike in a week :)

utopia
27-08-2014, 05:19 PM
Talking of headstones, I've always fancied..... "I'm sorry I'm late".

Flip
27-08-2014, 05:28 PM
Two things about this thread made me laugh and neither of them were you having a heart attack everyone will be relieved to read I am sure!!

One was Steve's comment on I bet your ridiculously loud pipes have induced a few (but that is only because I was going to say the same but he beat me to it!!!)

And the second was the phrase 'lollygagger'.....what a wonderful use of the English language- I can't wait to call someone it at work tomorrow!!

Glad you survived to rev another day old fellow- Now.....(serious bit).... look after yourself (serious bit over) ....or you wont get out of this life alive!!

Qba
27-08-2014, 06:23 PM
Sorry to hear that Dirty. Get well soon.

Stued
27-08-2014, 06:29 PM
Best thing I ever did was start using this vapouriser, commenly refered to as an e-cig, I hope your back being the full Dirty very soon

Saint aka ML
27-08-2014, 06:58 PM
**** me Dirty you mental one. Get well soon. Give up smoking, word does not end there there is still drugs, sex and Rock and roll. ;)

Dookbob
27-08-2014, 07:25 PM
Sounds like your gonna make it Dirty, keep on laughing.

jarv
27-08-2014, 07:33 PM
Best wishes for a quick return to "normal" ... whatever that means!

bigredduke
27-08-2014, 07:57 PM
I love your approach. Reminds me of Eric Morecambe's account of his heart attack on Parkinson:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LfFBqTJB9sY

from 19.54 although the whole interview is well worth watching, (especially Raquel Welch at the beginning)

Best wishes & hope you soon recover. take it as a warning not the end!

Dirty
28-08-2014, 12:14 PM
Thanks everyone

Being sent home today with heart 1.01 Ti upgrade :) apparently i'm in better fettle than for years prior to the episode. Can't fault NHS. Fantastic from start to finish. World class service and best of all, free.

Darkness
28-08-2014, 12:31 PM
Thanks everyone

Being sent home today with heart 1.01 Ti upgrade :) apparently i'm in better fettle than for years prior to the episode. Can't fault NHS. Fantastic from start to finish. World class service and best of all, free.

Some good news there, so behave yourself Dirty, or at least be carefull.......

Summer isn't over just yet, so there are more miles still to be ridden.

jerry
28-08-2014, 10:26 PM
what a shocking experience ,,,, how many jolts from the medics defib did you get ?????
some people will do anything for a buzz !!!!!!!!!!!!! stick to monster its less painful

seriously please get well soon ....

BigOz
28-08-2014, 10:37 PM
Thanks everyone

Just spotted this thread, I'm glad your OK.

Andy

MerlinPV12
28-08-2014, 10:57 PM
Thats great to hear :thumbsup: The body is truly amazing in its ablility to repair itself even after 30yrs of abuse! By coincidence I've been on a course for the last 2 days with a chap who has also given up smoking due to a "scare" - he's past the 3 month mark with the aid of the now somewhat contoversial electronic cigarette. He's not stopped telling the rest of us how great he feels!

Fatal
29-08-2014, 12:19 PM
Glad you're on the mend mate
Dump the fags and replace them with pies, then you can have a fine figure, like myself :)

gary tompkins
29-08-2014, 12:33 PM
holy crap:shocked:

Glad to hear you are on the mend mate

Maybe worth keeping one of these handy in future

https://toolroom.com.au/product_images/m/804/HPS12-2436__79068_zoom.jpg

Dirty
29-08-2014, 06:45 PM
Some good news there, so behave yourself Dirty, or at least be carefull.......

Summer isn't over just yet, so there are more miles still to be ridden.

Not allowed to drive for a week but I certainly intend to be driving/riding for a good few years yet. Talk of 'wake up call' etc seems cliched but it definitely highlighted what I already knew, that I needed to make changes.

what a shocking experience ,,,, how many jolts from the medics defib did you get ?????
some people will do anything for a buzz !!!!!!!!!!!!! stick to monster its less painful

seriously please get well soon ....

Luckily I never went into arrest so no defib drama! In engine terms I was running rough and on 1 cylinder only. Jump leads were to hand but never needed as they put me on a ramp and manually opened and cleaned up my throttle bodies before I stalled :)

Just spotted this thread, I'm glad your OK.

Andy

Thanks Andy

Thats great to hear :thumbsup: The body is truly amazing in its ablility to repair itself even after 30yrs of abuse! By coincidence I've been on a course for the last 2 days with a chap who has also given up smoking due to a "scare" - he's past the 3 month mark with the aid of the now somewhat contoversial electronic cigarette. He's not stopped telling the rest of us how great he feels!

Ha ha, nothing worse than an ex smoker. I should know as I've been one for the last 10+ years on and off. Not a fan of the e cigs myself. Smoking addiction is 2 fold, physical and mental. E cigs addresses neither, it just removes most of the harm from the practice. I've seen people who were just casual/social/occasional smokers become daily e cig addicts. The worst thing though is the likelihood of regression back to fags when faced with life stresses, like a friend of mine who has just had a relationship break up. 1st thing he did was put down the e cigs and buy a pack of marlboros. That said e cigs are still a better alternative to smoking real ones.
My nicotine addiction is on the level of a Christiane F, think heroin junkie who would lick a dropped bag off a wet public toilet floor! I need to break it completely. I already knew this though. The heart attack was totally unnecessary in that regard but has offered some focus :D

Glad you're on the mend mate
Dump the fags and replace them with pies, then you can have a fine figure, like myself :)

Thanks, mate but I think pies and their ilk were equally to blame. I'll give you fair warning before I write the next couple of words as I know they can be shocking and some prefer to avoid them.... Diet and exercise...... Started already, 1 hour brisk walk today :)

Btw the doctor said that I could go into regression if anyone overtakes me in the fantasy MotoGp this week, just saying :)

holy crap:shocked:

Glad to hear you are on the mend mate

Maybe worth keeping one of these handy in future

https://toolroom.com.au/product_images/m/804/HPS12-2436__79068_zoom.jpg

Thanks G. Good advice but I intend to plug myself into an optimate every night and avoid those sudden all or nothing moments :)

Black Bob
29-08-2014, 07:42 PM
Erm. Been away for a bit, I come back and all hell breaks loose.
Dunno what to say. How about, "Christ on a bike!" ?
Glad it's mostly all over and you didn't check out on us, 'cos that would have been bleedin' rubbish.
Get well man hugs.