PDA

View Full Version : Thunder in the Glens

Drumnagorrach
24-08-2014, 06:56 PM
I drove home yesterday evening ,after a day watching the horse trials at Blair Castle with my family. Stopped off in Aviemore for Fish and Chips,. Harley owners group were having their annual "Thunder in the Glen's " event ,lots of old farts with leather waistcoats with back patches. Glad I have a Ducati.

popelli
25-08-2014, 05:49 AM
Glad I have both a Harley and a Ducati and have a more open mind on non Ducati events

Went to the thunder in the glens about 10 years ago, had it been organised by anyone except HOG it would have been brilliant

As it was it was still enjoyable and a good excuse to ride up to Aviemore.

Shame nobody in this country can't organise something similar for Ducatis

Given the choice between the V twin rally and Aviemore there is no contest, Aviemore is the pick of the two.

Dave G
25-08-2014, 08:24 AM
Shame nobody in this country can't organise something similar for Ducatis

They do, and have done for a few years-

http://www.ducati-upnorth.com/forum/showthread.php?20245-Midgie-Masher-Flypast-2014

popelli
25-08-2014, 05:42 PM
They do, and have done for a few years-

http://www.ducati-upnorth.com/forum/showthread.php?20245-Midgie-Masher-Flypast-2014

thanks for that

will add it to my social calendar next year

buzzbomb
25-08-2014, 06:16 PM
And Ducati Manchester have for the last two years organised a weekend trip for some of its customers up to Scotland which has been well over subscribed...:thumbsup:

Plus this olde fart driving the van with a spare bike and all the baggage...:dizzy:

jarv
25-08-2014, 07:02 PM
Glad I have both a Harley and a Ducati and have a more open mind on non Ducati events
Went to the thunder in the glens about 10 years ago, had it been organised by anyone except HOG it would have been brilliant
As it was it was still enjoyable and a good excuse to ride up to Aviemore.
Given the choice between the V twin rally and Aviemore there is no contest, Aviemore is the pick of the two.

Have to agree.
I went to TITG in 2009 and had a brilliant time.
A nice atmosphere and well organised.
Some of my friends went this year too but I was working.
Would go again.

Dirty
25-08-2014, 07:19 PM
You shouldn't be so hard on Harley owners Drumnagorrach. We'll probably all be there one day, when we give up on life, go to the shops in our slippers and start to think nylon trousers are a good idea :)