PDA

View Full Version : todays lil bimble

garry
24-08-2014, 05:58 PM
first proper ride on the Evo today, 180 mile at not to a shabby pace, through the trough of bowland over to hawes, then got lost, came back through lancaster.. and not a drop o the wet stuff.

downside................. i thought it would be a good idea to remove the baffles on the Termi,s... :worried:............ sounded absolutely superb.. but me eads wobbled now.

earplugs, or baffles go back in......

steeevvvooo
24-08-2014, 06:03 PM
Earplugs. No question!

rollo22
24-08-2014, 06:22 PM
Ear plugs is the way to go.

boris
24-08-2014, 07:11 PM
Ear plugs for sure. You'll regret it in later life if you don't. Had my hearing tested at age 30 as part of a scheduled military medical and i thought the machine was broken. I could barely hear the test tones. The consultant was so concerned i had to go for a scan to see if there wasn't something horrible going on inside my skull. Luckily there wasn't, but my hearing regression was equal to that of someone 20 years older. Needless to say once getting over the shock I've taken great care to preserve it and over the years it has recovered slightly. I've been using these this year and highly recommend them. They work very well with the Termi's sans-db killers...

http://www.screwfix.com/p/stanley-34db-disposable-foam-ear-plugs-10-pairs/45846

garry
24-08-2014, 07:35 PM
i hear yer boris (a lil bit anyway)...

never been comfy with em tbh, but will look again, i even bought the £40 moulded ones once, they were crap..

neilo
24-08-2014, 08:26 PM
Been using Howard Leight Max earplugs for years...never ride without them... Also like that you can buy a bunch of them but each set is still wrapped individually...

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/20-pairs-x-37db-Howard-Leight-Laser-Lite-MAX-Ear-Plugs-Individually-Bagged-/111096188664?pt=UK_BOI_ProtectiveGear_RL&hash=item19ddd94ef8

steeevvvooo
24-08-2014, 09:47 PM
Got a pair made from ultimate ears with little speakers in. I love them and even use them for music of the bike sometimes, but not cheap. I have tinitus as it is, and a massive drop off in sensitivity at the exact frequency of the wife's voice. Any further deterioration and I'll be in serious trouble.

garry
24-08-2014, 10:00 PM
music !!!

on a bike !!

good god man... what next .. cup holders ???

steeevvvooo
24-08-2014, 10:14 PM
music !!!

on a bike !!

good god man... what next .. cup holders ???

Haha. Never used them for music... Yet. I can see the appeal on a motorway journey though. The idea was to use them for Sat nav directions, but I still haven't fitted the sat Nav! :banghead:

The ones without speakers are cheaper and actually more comfortable as they are more squidgy

Grumpy
25-08-2014, 08:06 AM
My ear plugs are custom made, and I would highly recommend having a pair made.
Having read various articles about the noise levels within a crash helmet at 70 mph (any where from 105 db upwards!) wearing ear plugs reduce these levels dramatically. This helps reduce fatigue and raises concentration.

AndyC_772
25-08-2014, 08:40 AM
I bought a box of these last year:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B000RMFGGY/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I keep the box in the garage and just pick up a fresh pair whenever I take the bike out. Never ride without them.

Twentytoo
25-08-2014, 10:10 AM
I never ride without now.....Sadly too late for my left ear which works but not properly....not sure if the bike is responsible but can't afford to take any chances

Fatal
07-09-2014, 08:35 AM
Just bought a pair of Pinlock ear plugs
Cost around 20 quid
Only used them once, but they seem to do what it says in the blurb
Alan H

wezrvf
07-09-2014, 09:36 AM
Hi mate, earplugs are always good for wind noise as well as engine noise. I am selling some larger baffles for the evo. Check out the for sale section. They are a great compromise but don't make the bike sound any less amazing, trust me. They where recommended to me from a chap on here and they spot on.

I have attached a link on the add of a YouTube vid of them in.

Nev
07-09-2014, 09:45 AM
Noise doesn't bother me or am I already deaf.. suiting up for a blast in an hour if your out today Wez..

wezrvf
07-09-2014, 09:50 AM
Hi matey, actually sold the Evo last week and just waiting to get my 1200s. Not mentioned it on here yet because I won't know how I feel about it until I get the 1200. I did love my Evo. Not ready to talk about it yet ;)

Where you heading ???

Nev
07-09-2014, 10:00 AM
Nowhere in particular pal just getting ready for Donnington next week..Took the 1200s out a couple weeks back you'll love the engine and ride much smoother and quick as. I also took the pannigale out and on the verge of buying a triumph bonneville so I carnt say ****.
Give us a shout when she lands...

Nev
07-09-2014, 10:01 AM
You still got the termi's or did they go with the bike Wez

wezrvf
07-09-2014, 10:29 AM
They went with the bike mate. Got ASV levers, a few bits of carbon left and a clear tail light if you are Intrested.

Nickj
07-09-2014, 11:21 AM
Helmets are probably the worst culprit for ear damage.

Here's one >> research paper (http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC539364/) << from the UK .

Not too keen as we get trashed on line one, he obviously doesn't like bikes but the remainder is pretty valid. I only added a link to this rather than a few others as it does raise the interesting point that the manufacturer of a 'noisy' helmet may have a degree of liability for hearing losses.
No ones tried this in court yet.

AndyC_772
07-09-2014, 01:35 PM
Motorcycles have been around as a mode of transport since the latter part of the 19th century, and have long been regarded as irritating and noisy.

This is about as unscientific and unprofessional an opening sentence as I've ever seen in a "scientific" report. Shameful.