PDA

View Full Version : Fenman 2014

Mr Gazza
11-08-2014, 09:30 PM
Er.....'scuse me for asking......

......But is anyone going to the Fenman this year, or have we all still got lumps in our throats.?

Grumpy
11-08-2014, 11:29 PM
I'm not going this year, as I will be on the IOM watching the Manx/Classic tt.
It's a shame to miss the Fenman, as its a great show with a relaxed informal feel. If you have never been, I would recommend a visit, it's a great way to while away the day.

utopia
18-08-2014, 04:49 PM
I guess there could be a lump in the throat, but it would be a shame to let that stop us attending what is a really nice bikers' day out.
I'm pretty sure that's not what Andy would have wanted.
And anyway, with only a slight shift in mindset it could be something of a celebration of his presence rather than a mourning of his absence.

I didn't post before because I was in two minds whether to come over for this, or last weekend's Muckleborough run.
However, since the weather was iffy last week, and looks to be on an improving trend now, I think I'm going to do the Fenman.
As has been said earlier, its a really nice little event. Plenty to see whatever your biking interests and well worth a look if you haven't been before.

Happy to meet up en route if anyone else fancies it.

Mr Gazza
18-08-2014, 09:10 PM
Okay...Let's take the Monster spirit to Wimbotsham...;)

The details are here; http://www.fenmanclassic.co.uk/

I am happy to meet any of the Norfolk crew at Whitwell Station on Monday morning for a run to the Fenman without flating your tyres on the A47. If any one is up for it.? It's about 40 miles in a bit under an hour.

I wouldn't know where to meet the other Monster owners in Wimbotsham as I don't know the village? Any clues?

Stued
18-08-2014, 09:50 PM
Am Seriously thinking of going, need to do the fork seal, and I'm up for a twisty run, will let you know Gazza towards the end of the week............

Mr Gazza
20-08-2014, 07:01 PM
Good luck with the seal Stu..

.. I think it would be nicer to meet at Reepham Market place than the gateway of Whitwell Station...It always seems to be dark damp and slippy down there..!

Anyone else up for it?

Shall we say Reepham Market place for 9.30am.

Mr Gazza
24-08-2014, 11:40 AM
Response to this has been so underwhelming, and it looks like being a very wet day tomorrow...I've gone right off the idea of going.

I wouldn't mind a 40 mile ride in the rain if folk had shown more enthusiasm, but I doubt that the shiney, rare and expensive bikes that I like looking at, will show up in the rain either.

So don't wait for me in the Market place come round for a cuppa instead...:mand:

...Better luck next year.

utopia
24-08-2014, 11:45 AM
Yep, I have to say that the weather forecast is not looking favourable at all and I'm having serious doubts about going too.
80-odd miles in the rain, a wet afternoon with low attendance at the event, and a further soaking on the return journey are not looking attractive at all.
Shame, because it really is a nice event.

Dirty
24-08-2014, 11:49 AM
This 'summer' has generally been pish weather wise!!

He11cat
25-08-2014, 11:15 AM
The weather this way is dreadful.
Sad for lots of people putting on all kinds of events today.
The Hot Rod and Streetcar nationals got good weather luckily yesterday!
And yes the event today will always make you think.
Wendy is a really positive lady and Andy was upbeat also it seemed.
So thoughts will always be with her at this time.
In a fond way .