PDA

View Full Version : Left fork seal went ;-(

Jontifosi
11-08-2014, 06:09 PM
Trip out on saturday and found oil all over the show so a gentle ride home with one fork damper working.
Got a price today for a fork seal set moto rapido £55 (you what!), then there's oil plus agro. So not bothering, the garage said they can do it for £100 and add a new mot too for an extra £25.

rollo22
11-08-2014, 06:13 PM
Could be just a bit of crap in the seal that is causing oil to pass.

garry
11-08-2014, 07:09 PM
£100............. bargain.. i assume thats for the pair ?

i tried all the tricks last year on the ohlins ont tuono.. bits of film etc.. none of em worked..

£135 on lose forks at KAIS in Atherton.

Jontifosi
11-08-2014, 08:01 PM
i think it might have been leaking for a while, as there was always a bit of gunk under the engine and on front facing cylinder head.
It's the pair for £100 pretty pleased with that

garry
11-08-2014, 08:16 PM
tbf jonti, when its just weepin a little, its more difficult to spot, mine let go last year in one feckin woosh.... after weepin fer ages.. and me ignoring it.. wot a nob !!!

if they do a good job post the name of the garage up.. a little praise goes a long way .

Jontifosi
14-08-2014, 04:54 PM
all sorted and a new mot too £139 as there was a little extra tinkering to do.
Done at Bike Shed Waterlooville near Portsmouth.

Garry i think that's what happened to my bike, think it was leaking for a bit and when you think about it the less oil = more suspension travel (undampened) until finally the seal buckles and whoosh contaminate your brake pads too