PDA

View Full Version : What bike cover

Murray Mint
10-08-2014, 08:48 AM
My cover has finally had enough and has given up the ghost.

I would like to hear What you guys use, make size etc?

My bike lives outside so I need something that will do the job under these conditions.

Cheers

Murray

damien666
10-08-2014, 11:33 AM
I've used an oxford stormex for about 4 years ( mainly just to keep dust off and as extra insulation whilst in garage) and think it's good.
I've heard of people reporting fluff coming off, but haven't had this problem.
It's a good thickness and has flaps to pass a ground anchor chain through.
I think it's a medium, but double check.

SunEye
19-08-2014, 08:28 AM
I currently use a Dust Off Dritop cover. After two years it now has some small holes in it and needs to be replaced. Part of the issue has been that the cover was slightly too large (I bought the size that Dust Off suggested for a Monster) which has resulted in it moving too much in strong winds which is what has caused the holes.

Before the Dust Off cover I used an R&G Superbike outdoor cover for two years. It is a good cover, but just slightly too small for the monster due to the bar width and height of the mirrors.

Before I had a monster my Kawasaki ZRX1200R lived outside for many years under a Held cover, which lasted very well. The only downside to that cover was that it doesn't have any slots in it for putting a chain through the cover. At the time that was not an issue because of where the bike was parked, but for my Monster I need a cover with chain slots.

So I am also looking for a new cover if anyone has any suggestions beyond an Oxford.

Geoff Ives
19-08-2014, 10:18 AM
My Monster usually lives outside under a cover that I bourght from Argos years ago. No problems although I do use something called a 'Bikeband' to secure it.