PDA

View Full Version : bad vibes

jwb
03-08-2014, 07:46 PM
Hi all,hope your all enjoying some great ride outs,
I am but i keep getting numb fingers,not sure if I,m having heart attack or its vibration thorough handlebars,is there a cure?.

Yorkie
03-08-2014, 07:55 PM
Bar end weights/crash bungs.

http://www.oberon-performance.co.uk/acatalog/Motorcycle_Universal_Bar_End_Weights.html

Yorkie

Yorkie
03-08-2014, 07:56 PM
Welcome to the nut house.

Yorkie

utopia
03-08-2014, 08:26 PM
Warfarin ?

Or, more seriously......
Check tightness of engine mounting bolts.
Change bars/pegs to alter the load on your hands.

Despite being a twin, the magic of 90 degrees means that monsters shouldn't vibrate to any significant effect.

And welcome, neighbour.

Martin Duke
03-08-2014, 08:30 PM
I am but i keep getting numb fingers,not sure if I,m having heart attack or its vibration thorough handlebars,is there a cure?.

Do check that the bar-end weights are secure - I have an S2R800 and was surprised to find one of them (the left I think) was so loose it could have dropped out. I've read that a routine check of all fixings to check that they are tight is good practice!
Also worth paying attention to is your grip on the bars - could it be too tight? Try relaxing your hold on the bars if it is!

All the best, Martin.

ash 66
03-08-2014, 09:51 PM

Lol I thought that it was just me!!!! But it's all part of the ride I guess!!!!!!