PDA

View Full Version : FS: Monster M620 engine - 2002

JMo
03-08-2014, 04:17 PM
For sale, my original M620ie engine from Smeegal.

This engine ran perfectly from new for over 42,000 miles - right up until the point it decided it didn't need it's output shaft bearing anymore at the end of a 3000+ mile trip around Europe in the summer of 2012.

Rather than strip it down and rebuild it, I was fortunately to find a replacement complete engine to swap over - and since then, it has been sitting on a work bench in the corner of my garage, gathering dust.

http://i492.photobucket.com/albums/rr289/JMoandpiglet/Bikes%20for%20sale/P1010493_zpscc79fad5.jpg

I don't really have the tools or mechanical knowledge to strip this for individual parts, so am offering it here for best offers for someone who is prepared to collect it from near J15 on the M4.

First £100 cash gets to take it away and have some fun getting oily!

Note. This had a brand-new clutch fitted prior to my European trip... oh the irony. So even if you just use those parts you are pretty much quids in!

Jenny xx

utopia
03-08-2014, 09:00 PM
Just a couple of thoughts......

Are the outer cases your original, polished ones ?
And, excuse my laziness for not checking but, the cam pulleys have three bolts....does that mean they are the adjustable ones ?
Though I do ask out of personal interest, I'm similarly limited as regards cash, so probably not a potential buyer myself .....though I do like a polished ally case.

Dirty
03-08-2014, 09:38 PM
Would make a nice coffee table :)

JMo
04-08-2014, 06:28 AM
Just a couple of thoughts......

Are the outer cases your original, polished ones ?
And, excuse my laziness for not checking but, the cam pulleys have three bolts....does that mean they are the adjustable ones ?
Though I do ask out of personal interest, I'm similarly limited as regards cash, so probably not a potential buyer myself .....though I do like a polished ally case.

Hi Utopia!

Yes, the side covers are the original polished ones... they are a little faded/satin now, but wouldn't take much to clean up again... in fact if no one wants the engine for the internals, then I might well start stripping parts off it and cleaning them up.

Not sure about the cam pulley question -I'm sure someone on here can answer though - all I know is they are the standard 620 ones from 2002.

Jx

JMo
04-08-2014, 06:29 AM
Would make a nice coffee table :)

Hee hee - yes... I remember seeing a photo of a table that have been created out of a V8 engine block - each cylinder was a wine bottle holder too!

Jx