PDA

View Full Version : FS: Monster 620ie fuel tank - slight damage

JMo
03-08-2014, 02:49 PM
For sale, metal fuel tank in gunmetal grey metallic from a 2002 model M620Sie.

http://i492.photobucket.com/albums/rr289/JMoandpiglet/Bikes%20for%20sale/P1010489_zps4cb90495.jpg

http://i492.photobucket.com/albums/rr289/JMoandpiglet/Bikes%20for%20sale/P1010490_zps09011074.jpg

http://i492.photobucket.com/albums/rr289/JMoandpiglet/Bikes%20for%20sale/P1010488_zpsd8987ba2.jpg

Note this is a bare tank only, no pump.

I bought this as a spare with the intention of chopping it around for a project that never happened.

The previous owner had dropped their bike, denting the right hand side with the bars (see photos), otherwise it is in excellent condition having been dry stored for 10 years in my garage - and it is very very clean (no rust) inside.

Note. the previous owner had this tank replaced on insurance, so it is possible that that hinge area may have developed a slight leak due to the drop - this I cannot confirm as I have never fitted it to a bike. If this happens to be the case, they are easy enough to repair with brazing, and it certainly looks all intact to me.

I'm having a clear-out, so will let this go for £50 for anyone who wants to collect from near J15 on the M4.

PM me for details.

Jenny xx

SteveM900
03-08-2014, 07:02 PM
I'd be interested if it would fit my 900sie, anyone know ? Would you be willing to post?

Mr Gazza
03-08-2014, 07:09 PM
We have just established with fair certainty that the seat that fits this tank will fit my 900Sie (2000 hoop rear suspension)

It should follow that the tank will fit a 900Sie also...If your Sie is 2002 or later I would say it's a dead cert.

SteveM900
03-08-2014, 07:15 PM
Mine is a 2000 model too. Just want to make sure as it would be painted red.

JMo
03-08-2014, 07:35 PM
Hi Steve - sure, I can get you a quote for posting, no problem.

As for the tank fitting - the best way to make sure is check on a dealer (or perhaps online) parts fiche for the 2002 model year M620, and see if that part number cross-references with your bike too.

I've done that at the past at a Ducati dealer - their system pulls up the part number and lists the other models that part will fit.

For info, it is the metal tank not the plastic version - my only concern is if the M900 heads are taller than the 620/750, and there isn't enough clearance for the rear cylinder? - but as I say, a dealer ought to be able to confirm if they are interchangeable...

If you'd like to go ahead, PM me your address details and I'll get a price for posting...

Jenny xx

Mr Gazza
03-08-2014, 07:37 PM
Nice...Yes red paint should fit too, mine is fitted with red paint..:D

Re the hinge; The previous owner of mine managed to knock the tank off the prop, and pop the spot welds on the hinge bracket.

The nice folk at Mustard City racing (now defunct sadly..:thumbsdown:) Brazed round the bracket for me without any damage to visible paintwork. It might be necessary to grind away a couple of mm of the rear edge of the bracket just to make room for the brazing to get in there...it's rather tight.

They just filled the tank with water to remove petrol fumes, and jobsagoodun...Cost me 40 quid.

They tested it for leaks afterwards by pouring in clutch and brake cleaner, which seemed to get rid of the water too.

Change the filter while your're at it...Mahle 145 if I remember correctly. BMW fitment also, from Opie oils.

Mr Gazza
04-08-2014, 05:08 PM
Not sure if this will help or merely confuse things.

I have noticed some very faint punched letters or numbers, on the portion of the tank covered by the seat, on each side, near the welded seam.

It looks like "00" which I take to mean 2000, although I believe my bike is of 1999 manufacture?

It could just as easily be marks left by some holding tool or clamp...So I dunno?