PDA

View Full Version : crutchlow leaves ducati

peter
02-08-2014, 02:33 PM
And has signed for Honda lcr.
didn't see this coming!

Kato
02-08-2014, 02:46 PM
On the cards for a while, something that Gigi Dall'Igna didn't like when he joined was not getting to choose the riders, he wants Andrea Iannone

peter
02-08-2014, 03:53 PM
its official iannone to works ducati.

Dirty
02-08-2014, 06:40 PM
I said this a couple of weeks ago. There was some rumblings on the internet. He never gelled with the team. It was always 'they are working on it' never 'we are working on it'. I'm glad he's gone.

Flip
02-08-2014, 08:41 PM
There's obviously fundamental problems with the handling that only a massive re-design will cure. They've already done the unthinkable and tipped the engine up making it into a 'V' instead of their famed 'L' designation.

But until then there seems to be a few riders capable of adapting their style enough to get it up the pointy end of the pack and with Iannone embarrassing the Factory team on the Pramac bike almost every race I'm sure it was an easy decision to make to have him replace Cal.

You can just imagine the mechanics either side of the garage arguing now though......

"No no no ....Oura Andrea isa betta thanna youra Andrea"

Good news is Bradl's Honda is one quick bike and I'm sure Cal will get on fine with it.
Now all we need is Bautista to get off Marco's old bike so that Scotty boy can have it and do it the justice it's former (and sadly missed) rider did.

utopia
03-08-2014, 09:29 AM
Iannone has been showing well lately ...which means either, he deserves the ride on merit or, he's been favoured for some time and helped by the factory. Probably a bit of both.
Alongside Dovi, this could make an awesome team for Ducati.
Never saw Cal as a Ducati rider tbh (or Dovi's team mate for that matter). But from where he was at the end of Tech3, he must be pretty chuffed with the outcome, ie back on a top private, japanese bike, contending for wins and podiums, and with the chance of even nicking Dani's factory ride for 2016 if it goes well ...??
I'd say this is a chance for Cal to go the full distance in motoGP.
Everybody's happy .....except Bradl.

Dirty
03-08-2014, 10:01 AM
Even Bradl as the word is LCR will be running 2 bikes next year.

gary tompkins
04-08-2014, 11:35 PM
As I said on BookFace

The writings been on the wall for most of the season - he should have stuck with Yamaha

Dirty
05-08-2014, 10:09 AM
He got the boot from tech3 as well. It was Ducati or one of the lesser satellite teams at the time.