PDA

View Full Version : Thieving Miscreants

Ian-cm
29-07-2014, 06:08 AM
Good Morning All

Unfortunately last night my father (based in luton) fell victim to a very well organised bike gang who decided to clear his garage of three motorcycles and all of his tools. One was his XR400, One BMW GS800 and His pride and joy His BMW HP2 Sport Motorrad Ed which was one of only 400 in the world. The Gang managed to clear all the bikes while he was sleeping and only disturbed him when rifling through his tools. Thankfully when he disturbed four of them they made a run for it rather than turn on him to try and get into his home to get the keys.

Obviously he is gutted as he was taking the HP2 to the 'Ring on thursday:banghead: and as head of the Herts and Bedfordshire IAM group he now has no motorcycle to help with observed rides etc.

He's currently waiting police forensic teams and has been told that it looks like a very organised theft. He is resigned to not seeing them again but he asked me to come on here to warn people if they should happen to see any rare BMW parts, carbon body pieces and Unique HP2 tech that cannot really be fitted to other BMW's going cheap in london they could very well be stolen.

Have a good day all

Ian

Dirty
29-07-2014, 09:51 AM
Horrible news. These people are scum. Hope they get them and the bikes.

lewis
29-07-2014, 11:25 AM
Terrible feeling when someone steals your pride and joy.

Good idea having people looking out for bits on ebay etc. Unbelievably my rather unique supermoto turned up 3 weeks after it was stolen on ebay, someone was trying to sell it complete 250 miles away from me.

pegboy
29-07-2014, 12:43 PM
These guys need a good kicking,

jerry
29-07-2014, 04:47 PM
Thats aweful,,

jarv
30-07-2014, 04:05 PM
Ian
I realise now that I know your father.
I read your post yesterday but didn't put 2 and 2 together until today when he told me what had happened.
I hope he gets sorted.
The BMW is going to be hard to replace.

All the best to him.