PDA

View Full Version : Brittany Hotels

small boy
31-01-2004, 12:26 PM
Hi,i am going to tour the war sites in france(Brittany area),can any body recommend local geust houses/hotels in th e area,bike friendly........................
Cheers:lol:

spacemonkey
31-01-2004, 10:45 PM
Are you going for D-Day? Should be good, but I've heard most are booked. Sorry, the only places I know are on the Somme. Camping is a good cheap option in France. Most caravan site will let you put up a tent for a small fistful of Euros.

JMo
31-01-2004, 11:23 PM
Originally posted by spacemonkey
Are you going for D-Day?

Erm, you'll be a bit late...

xxx

spacemonkey
01-02-2004, 10:33 AM
Har de har har...

spacemonkey
01-02-2004, 10:40 AM
I heard they were having celebrations to commemorate 60 years etc and they were gonna have a 'do' at every major point of the invasion starting at the Brittany beaches and along to Arnhem, Bastoigne etc etc. Can't wait for the party in Berlin next year...

Last year I did a funeral for an old boy who you wouldn't even notice walking down the street. A few days before the funeral a high ranking officer from the Marines came along to see him. It turned out this man was a life long honoury member of the corps due to his actions in WW2 and Korea. It transpired that he participated in every major battle in the retake of Europe and was always one of the first into the fray. Bit like that Medal of Honour game series. Makes you think next time it's pension day at the post office.

COR
01-02-2004, 02:19 PM
Try some of the hotel web sites for bookings:
www.inter-hotel.com
www.citotel.com
www.hotelformule1.com
www.ibishotel.com

You can also obtain lists of hotels from Tourist Information Offices and some will even book for you.

Someone said to us during a trip last year that we wouldn't be able to find anywhere, that everywhere would be booked up because of D-Day celebrations but it was bollocks, we had no problems at all.