PDA

View Full Version : 04 Monster 1000ie Sport.

Tilts
24-07-2014, 03:43 PM
Bought this last year as a project, had some initial issues with the ECU but was helped out by Chris who virgnised a replacement.
I've also just been informed that the bike was subject to a Cat D write off in 2008, never knew myself, but should of checked as the bike did have light damage at time of purchase. Anyhow, enough negativity, this bike is now a smart peice of Italian sex, I completely stripped the bike back to the frame, had the frame powder coated red, and everything else black, wheels, swinger, tank, headlamp, adjusters,footrest hangers yolks, removed all plastics, fitted a tail tidy, New set of Arrow Carbon Cans and an Oberon Open Clutch kit, bike is in excellent fettle, just about 21000 on the clock, recent MOT and tax, so much fun to ride, but would like a tourer now, as my 9 year old doesn't appreciate the torque as much as me. The bike could benefit from a set of mini indicators, and a bar end mirror....I just been using it to blast around the local mountain roads, hence not really missed them. Unsure of value now the Cat D has been pointed out to me, shame really but please don't let this detract you from what the bike is now.

£2795??????

I'll post some pics as soon as I've worked out how to do it from my phone......Bike is on flee bay. And also the Ducati forum for pics.....or send me a text and I'll reply with some pics.

Cheers Ben.