PDA

View Full Version : Wdw

Kato
22-07-2014, 07:19 AM
Home from WDW last night, after 14hrs in a van with Buzzbomb the robot driver, nice one Geoff, its so nice to be sat here in only 20 degree's:D

buzzbomb
23-07-2014, 05:39 AM
It's great to be back home safe and sound, hope all the other guys plus Mrs C get back OK after another great trip to Misano...:running:

Many thanks to Max for all his work...:hail:

slob
23-07-2014, 06:20 AM
We made it home yesterday morning at 08:00 after spending the night at a Jehovah's Witness convention in a Frankfurt Airport hotel, Lufthansa screwed up our connection due to lighting storms in Bologna delaying takeoff. Much better after a proper nights sleep.

utopia
23-07-2014, 03:12 PM
Back half an hour ago after an overnight at wisbech.
Had such a wonderful time, I was actually moved to fighting back a tear or two on the beach promenade in Cattolica.
Huge thanks to Max and Capo for their organisation, and everyone else for great company.
Double fried egg sarnie and a pot of tea are hitting the spot as I speak., after which I'll be rolling some of that cheap Belgian tobacco.
Sorted.

jonzi
23-07-2014, 03:46 PM
...I was actually moved to fighting...

tee hee

I would also like to reiterate what the others have said.

Well done to Max and Stuart. A good trip.

Many highs, some lows, and lots of twisty bits.

MrsC_772
23-07-2014, 07:33 PM
I am in the Ibis hotel in Manosque, South of France (as planned:)). Ibises may not have bags of character but do all have a computer with net access for guests to use.

The biking gods continue to fart in my general direction: now blown headlight bulb - it was unexpectedly dark in a tunnel yesterday afternoon - fortunately Sport Moto in Barcelonette (not a Ducati dealer, just an ordinary little bike shop) quickly replaced it this morning.:thumbsup:

A sensual day's riding today on some excellent roads, and some "interesting" ones. Top of the Col de la Bonette is not a good place to lose my sometimes shaky head for heights - and I was very glad I had new rear brake disc & pads on way down! This was followed by the rather splendid, flowing curves of the almost deserted M2205, the tight, odd D26 where the character changed from Alpine to properly Provencal complete with olive trees and that wonderful herby smell, then the overrated D952 Gorge de Verdon - yes, the scenery & rock formations are spectacular, but like the Taj Mahal and Alhambra, it is a victim of its own success - narrow road, seriously congested with traffic (coach load of Brits brought it to a standstill, adding to the RVs and what felt like the entire population of Holland!) Rounded off the day with the D6 west of Riez, where better progress was made through more gentle scenery, the scent of lavender in the air!

Tomorrow, all being well, a bit of Route Napoleon :woot:

SunEye
23-07-2014, 08:46 PM
I don't think that the Gorges du Verdon is overrated, you just need to ride it outside summer. I rode it in October, the weather was sunny and over 20 degrees and there was virtually no traffic. The road just suits my riding really well. I could hustle myself along it very nicely indeed and it really flowed nicely. I have driven the D71 on the south side of the gorges in August and it wasn't particularly busy although I suspect that the D952 on the north of the gorges is far more popular.

Col de la Bonnette is a strange one. The upper section of the ascent from the north just doesn't flow at all which makes it quite an unsatisfying ride.

Yes the Dutch do invade Provence and the Alps ever summer. Far more of them on holiday than any other nation (including the French) in those regions.

crust
23-07-2014, 09:36 PM
Got home about 8.00 this evening.

Most impressed with the Monster, 2950 miles with only a couple of chain adjustments (new chain at start) and a litre of oil.

Huge thanks to Max for sorting accommodation at the last minute, cheers mate.
And to everyone else for lots of laughs along the way.

natdereuck
25-07-2014, 03:34 PM
It was lovely to meet a few more of you. Unfortunately due to a number of factors I did not get to do enough, quality riding while I was out there but would love to go back to Switzerland and try out some of their passes. I am still grinning ear to ear at meeting all of the Moto GP Ducati team, wonderful memories to cherish for a lifetime.

Natalie & DuNati

MrsC_772
27-07-2014, 09:00 PM
Got home around 2.30 this afternoon. Pete can keep his Gorge de Verdon - I'll stick with the D900 Route Napoleon - another awesome day's riding there again, every bit as good as I remembered.

Natalie - I too missed out on the Swiss mountain passes this trip, so have to go back to ride those roads that my dead alternator prevented me from experiencing.

stopintime
27-07-2014, 09:15 PM
http://i329.photobucket.com/albums/l394/stopintime/WDW%202014/CAM00013_zps8c576e9c.jpg

http://i329.photobucket.com/albums/l394/stopintime/WDW%202014/CAM00006_zpsb686a144.jpg

http://i329.photobucket.com/albums/l394/stopintime/WDW%202014/WDW2014002_zps163098be.jpg

http://i329.photobucket.com/albums/l394/stopintime/WDW%202014/WDW2014005_zps0767c84f.jpg

http://i329.photobucket.com/albums/l394/stopintime/WDW%202014/WDW2014006_zpsa2c9958d.jpg

Fatal
27-07-2014, 09:37 PM
Stunning photo's, thanks