PDA

View Full Version : Will a S2r be enough

kenloen
18-07-2014, 03:38 PM
Guys n Gals, I might be coming back to the fold - we don't want you.. lol..

5 years ago I had a S4r and loved it for 2 years, but was bitten hard by a huge service bill and got cheesed by a misfire which resulted in stalling and engine paint flaking off looking scruffy..

since then I have had a Fireblade RR loved it but too uncomfortable, a Huskqvarna 610 loved it but seat murder and not enough top end, and just letting go of a ZX9R cause its too unreliable for a work commuter..

looking around there isn't much takes my fancy and I keep coming back to a Monster, wanting the best I can afford I see a S2r local at the right price, miles is under 20k and it seems to have a good history.. Anyone got a S2r want to offer their opinions on why I should, whats the power delivery like, do they have enough go.. the S4R was quality, wheelie off throttle and kept up with Tuono's a sports bikes over the long straight mad mile.. I have slowed a little, but I don't want to be so bored I feel like moving it on ..

Funkatronic
18-07-2014, 04:03 PM
after the s4r, the s2r 800 will seem tame (great bike though)

the s2r 1000 can still be booted out of corners hard enough to make you grin like an idiot

my advice is to go ride one

squarehead
18-07-2014, 09:16 PM
Love my S2R 1000, bought it for the simplicity, the character, the noise, cheaper than S4R servicing (most of it is DIY able) and the go and stop.
Better brakes than the 800, and a bit more go. Plenty fast enough for most roads, most of the time.