PDA

View Full Version : Monster 1200 panniers

akmm
10-07-2014, 10:42 PM
Hi, just wondered if anyone know anything about when the official Ducati panniers will be available for the new Monster 1200.

I know many not impressed but having had a test ride a few months ago it felt great, though maybe also the big step up from my 696.

Issue is want to buy but also want to go for a trip to Europe in August. At this rate will have to keep old bike so can carry my tooth paste!!

MrsC_772
11-07-2014, 04:47 PM
No idea about official pannier release dates, but if they official panniers are those fabric covered ones like on the Hyperstrada and Diavelstrada, they'll (a) fade and look scruffy really quickly and (b) (from my vague recollections of reading stuff elsewhere) let in the water. If they're harder plastic like the Multistrada they might be ok-ish.

I used my Kriega tailpacks when I borrowed a 1200 Monster for the Weekender.

There are 4 little fabric loops that slide out from under the rear seat through which luggage attaching straps can be threaded (although that was fiddlier than what I do with my 696, just running one Kriega strap under the seat and one right under the whole tail unit).

akmm
11-07-2014, 10:51 PM
Ducati website describes them as semi-rigid, so guess somewhere in between. My main thought was they may have done something in terms of fittings that aren't as ugly as the givi one I have for 696.

Interesting there a luggage loops, do you think might be able to use my givi soft panniers / saddlebag. With exhaust a little lower wonder if could get away with for now.

Dirty
11-07-2014, 11:09 PM
Take your old kit down to the showroom and have a play. I'm sure they'll not mind if it means a potential sale.

August? Is there not a waiting list then?