PDA

View Full Version : What to do with stuff whilst at WDW

jonzi
09-07-2014, 06:27 PM
Hi fellow WDW'ers

I dont want to have to wear jeans and carry a jacket and helmet whilst at WDW.

Are there places I can put all that stuff in to and change in to some shorts and flip flops?

I need to work on my tan

Albie
09-07-2014, 06:30 PM
I would have thought so as all the pics show peeps in tees and bikinis.

jonzi
09-07-2014, 06:38 PM
I suspect that those are euro people with no regard for life and limb and that they rode to WDW in tees and bikinis

pompone
09-07-2014, 06:41 PM
Jonzi it's going to be hot but not Sahara hot. I've always left stuff in the tents and nothing has ever gone walkies..

jonzi
09-07-2014, 06:44 PM
What are these tents you speak of?

Dirty
09-07-2014, 06:50 PM
Pomp please get pics of Jonzi wearing his bikini!

MrsC_772
09-07-2014, 06:52 PM
The International Village tent where there are chairs tables and little displays from various Ducati Owners Clubs around the world, and a stage with various random "entertainment". Kind of like a temporary club house. Last time when I wandered in there I'd often find one of the UKMOC crowd, so you could often leave jackets, lids etc with friends. Don't remember leaving kit there when there was no-one around that I already knew.

You are right in your speculation that many were riding around in just shorts and T shirts.

I on the other hand, was often laden like a pack mule lugging helmet bag, jacket and one of my Kriega bags used as a rucksack containing gloves, bottle of water, suncream and goodness knows what other rubbish ...

slob
09-07-2014, 07:10 PM
There's a kit check counter in the pitlane too

jonzi
09-07-2014, 07:34 PM
Great thanks all

Dirty, you might get that picture of me in a bikini after all

Dirty
09-07-2014, 07:45 PM
Another one! Fantastic :mand:

pompone
09-07-2014, 08:56 PM
I always carry a small coiled lock anyway, put that through few lids and it will attract attention if anyone is walking away with them. Jonzi if you insist in wearing a bikini I'll leave you with the ladies if leisure in Borgo Panigale. That will teach you.

Dirty
09-07-2014, 09:58 PM
Ladies of leisure! I wondered why WDW was so popular!

Book me a spot for next years trip please

J.P
10-07-2014, 08:14 AM
Get yourseld a small chain and one of those very light helmet covers. Chain it to the bike.
Shorts and flip-flops would be my recommendation at the track and the ride there too.

Steve'o'M900
10-07-2014, 09:50 PM
Luckily my hotel is less than 0.3km from the circuit so I'll be able to walk there each day!!! result....

utopia
11-07-2014, 01:35 PM
I've only ever ridden in shorts once.
I can't recommend it for safety but I can tell you that, despite it only being a ten minute trip, I pulled !!
In fact it was the woman who I later married.

I bought a pair of white 501 levis a few years back, which I've never had occasion to wear.
I reckon they might finally come good as a cool.ish alternative on this trip.

For anyone who got this year's DOC welcome pack, it contained a cheapo, lightweight, drawstring-type bag/backpack which folds up tiny enough to be negligible when empty.
I'm taking that along, and hoping that it'll hold my lightweight jacket, and maybe even boots too.
Add a cloth helmet bag and I should at least be able to carry my gear around a little more easily.

Dirty
11-07-2014, 06:38 PM
I've only ever ridden in shorts once.
I can't recommend it for safety but I can tell you that, despite it only being a ten minute trip, I pulled !!
In fact it was the woman who I later married.

I bought a pair of white 501 levis a few years back, which I've never had occasion to wear.
I reckon they might finally come good as a cool.ish alternative on this trip.

For anyone who got this year's DOC welcome pack, it contained a cheapo, lightweight, drawstring-type bag/backpack which folds up tiny enough to be negligible when empty.
I'm taking that along, and hoping that it'll hold my lightweight jacket, and maybe even boots too.
Add a cloth helmet bag and I should at least be able to carry my gear around a little more easily.

I often ride around in a T shirt when it's hot. Nothing better. Well actually without a helmet would be better but tricky in this country.

I didn't get a bag in my welcome pack! :nash:

slob
11-07-2014, 09:31 PM
I didn't get a bag in my welcome pack!

That was last year's, mine broke before ever getting used.

pompone
12-07-2014, 06:53 AM
That was last year's, mine broke before ever getting used.

It's normal, they all do that sir ;) ;) ;)