PDA

View Full Version : Seat Re-covering

SazzaG
30-01-2004, 01:31 PM
Seat looking a big tatty? Fancy a different colour? Want to make your Monster even more different.

There's great company near me call Bum Wraps who run a seat covering service. They use vinyl of all different styles and colours, and can do piping and other bits and bobs as well.

They can also take height out of your seat as well (if you're short, like me!) My seat is with them at the moment, and they're taking an inch off the height, shaving the sides, and re-covering the main part with an imitation nubuck vinyl.

Their turn-around at the moment is about 7 working days (less in the summer), and their prices are very reasonable. For re-covering a 2-piece seat (like the monster) costs £66, and £15 for the height adjustment. They offer a courier service for anywhere in the country for £10. They will send you samples of their vinyl for you to choose from as well.

I thoroughly recommend them. They have been very friendly, helpful, and from what I've seen so far, their work is excellent. I'll post up a picture when I get my seat back.

Bum Wraps Website (http://www.webvert.co.uk/bumwraps/)

Melnie Mouse
30-01-2004, 02:14 PM
hi Sarah, yeah I've recommended them to LOADS of people, when I saw your thread, first thing I thought about was I must say bumwraps to you... and lo and behold you're praising them! I've known Laurie (and his girlfriend) since they started off doing furniture uphostlery, my bike at the time Honda Bros 400 was one of the first bike seat's they'd ever done and is posted on their cork board in the office (purple seat!) I have since told loads of people and everyone has been impressed... How did you hear about them?

SazzaG
30-01-2004, 02:19 PM
Yellow Peril mentioned that she'd had hers done, so I got the details off her. She had hers done in yellow to match her monster!

Melnie Mouse
30-01-2004, 02:56 PM
cool... he also does split colour on seat's do with coloured piping (if required) he did a firestorm, with purple and yellow and opposite piping on each side...Mmm nice, but still the owner loves it.! ha ha....

yes very good. keep reccommending them... they're ace...