PDA

View Full Version : Big Thank You for Jonzi after crash on track

modama
06-07-2014, 08:08 PM
All

So here I am, planning my track day at Snetterton (second one ever) and it is raining; not much you would say but enough to leave the track wet and slippery. To the point, that at the end of the straight at 120mph or so, I do not know if it was aqua-planning or the front brake just blocked but the front went and me too, sliding on the road for metres and the bike sliding too. :hissy:

Well, picked by the recovery track and thankfully with just minor bruises, I made it back to the pit to only see that the steering was broken as well as the brake lever. The bike was my way back so I wondered how I would make it back to London.

There it was when different people came to help and in particular a young gentleman who helped me to understand what I had to fix; after talking a bit he asked me if I was memeber of any Duc forum and I mentioned this one, and he revealed himself as Jonzi.

Well, thanks to him I managed to get my bike back on its wheels and later on safe home. I did not manage to say goodbye when I left, so here it is more an "au revoir" and many thanks to Jonzi for your time and support. :ukm:

Joan

Dirty
06-07-2014, 08:35 PM
Blimey with all his recent good deeds all we need is a couple of miracles and he'll be canonised.

Staying upright at his next DD meeting must surely count as 1. You can do it Jonzi :)

steeevvvooo
06-07-2014, 08:45 PM
He's getting a bit of a reputation as an all round nice guy recently. Maybe its all a publicity stunt and he's running for mayor? :)

Albie
06-07-2014, 09:32 PM
Maybe a knighthood. Well done sir anyhow.

MerlinPV12
06-07-2014, 10:11 PM
Nice one Jonzi :thumbsup: Random acts of kindness were also on show at the "ton up day" at Brooklands - I love biking :-)

jonzi
07-07-2014, 09:24 AM
I saw you riding around the paddock for a bit after then I couldn't find you. So I figured you had left.

Glad you made it home alright.

J.P
07-07-2014, 10:53 AM
Well done Jonzi. Knight in shining armour.

At least it wasn't you this time.

pegboy
07-07-2014, 11:52 AM
Good Man Jonzi, that new woman must be good for you????

Modama
Did he same thing at Snetterton on a wet day, I was almost mid track overtake someone when i lost the front end.

jonzi
07-07-2014, 01:18 PM
Blimey with all his recent good deeds all we need is a couple of miracles and he'll be canonised.

Staying upright at his next DD meeting must surely count as 1. You can do it Jonzi :)

Well done Jonzi. Knight in shining armour.

At least it wasn't you this time.

I am back at Snetterton near the end of July for a race, so it might well be me next time

steeevvvooo
07-07-2014, 02:02 PM
I am back at Snetterton near the end of July for a race, so it might well be me next time

Pre-emptive karma, I like your thinking :D

utopia
07-07-2014, 02:11 PM
Pre-emptive karma, I like your thinking :D

Seconded........:)

What goes around, comes around.
Nice one, Jonzi.

gary tompkins
08-07-2014, 11:10 PM
I'm wondering if modama is actually an alias for Black Bob