PDA

View Full Version : M1100 Evo Mod's

chris.p
25-06-2014, 07:33 PM
Now that I have taken delivery of my 2013 M1100 Evo, was wondering what are the most popular mod's folk have done and why??

Cheers,
Chris.

Albie
25-06-2014, 07:55 PM
You could remove your exhaust and swap with the early type with mine.

Mods hmm
Tail tidy by Evotech
Led indicators
Rear sets
Carbon replacement parts
Lots of Rizoma

Theres not a lot wrong with an evo stock imho. Sounds nice but heavy exhaust.

My list is
Rizoma rear sets with pillion pegs
Rizoma fluid bottles
Rizoma bar ends
Rizoma LED indicators
Rizoma control grips
Carbon hugger
" wiring cover generator
" exhaust heat shields
" air intake over and around oil cooler
" bikini fairing
" front muddy
" chain guard rear and front sprocket
" tank panels and seat and tank centres by Carbon Vani
" speedo top cover
" rear brake fluid bracket
" belt covers
" flapper valve cover
Black clutch and brake levers
DP carbon mono race seat
DP gold anodised sprocket hub
Ducati streetfighter bars slightly more comfy
R & G crash sliders on frame and front forks
Touring Seat
Termignoni carbon exhaust and race ecu
Open clutch cover and JHP pressure plate in gold with black DP springs and caps

SunEye
26-06-2014, 01:19 AM
I think Albie has covered most of the essentials. Here are a few of mine.

The mirrors are almost useless at over 40mph you can't see anything in them. Rizoma make some excellent replacements if you've got a fat enough wallet. The Ducati Performance mirrors are cheaper, but the FAR non Ducati branded ones are the same, but cheaper. If you want cheap then Rizoma copies are aplenty, just don't be disappointed if the anodising fades and threads strip, but you could buy 10 pairs for the cost of the genuine article so does it matter if they only last a year or two?

If you don't mind being slammed into the tank when you brake then stick with the stock seat. Otherwise the flatter profiled touring seat is a far better option especially if you ride any distance. It is also slightly higher which if you've got average length legs and middle aged knees you'll find it more comfortable.

The bar risers reflect in the clocks. Black tape on the riser stops this. If you also find the bars a bit high (too much weight on your backside on long rides) the risers from the M1100 fit and drop the bars 20mm and also don't reflect in the clocks.

One of the cheapest aftermarket cans is the GPR Powercone. Weighs a lot less than the original and looks a lot better. I also don't catch my heel on it like I did on the stock can.

If you find the bike a bit lumpy below 4000 rpm with a rather jerky throttle repsonse try fitting some O2 sensor eliminators. It should smooth things up nicely.

If you think the gearing is a bit tall (it is) stick on a 14 tooth front sprocket, or do the slightly better thing of going up a few teeth at the rear.

The Rizoma Sport Line grips are great. I find the dent for your thumb makes them far more comfortable than the stock grips. However they are about 9mm shorter. I just cut down my bars. I thought they were too wide anyway. There isn't a lot of padding on the Sport Line grips so if you do anything more than rest your hands there you might find them a bit hard, I've done 600 mile days with no ill effects. In winter they can be a bit chilly, being made of aluminium and a thin bit of rubber.

Dirty
26-06-2014, 09:07 AM
Get a nice keyring for your key :)

chris.p
26-06-2014, 07:15 PM
Thanks guy's, got a fair bit of carbon already, just need to fit it all.
Might give the M1100 risers a go along with the 14 tooth front sprocket and evotech tail tidy for starters.

Think I might just give the open clutch cover a miss, guess i prefer to keep all my oil in the bike ;).

Chris.

rollo22
26-06-2014, 07:27 PM
Oberon Clutch Slave cylinder makes the clutch a lot lighter

Albie
26-06-2014, 07:28 PM
Thanks guy's, got a fair bit of carbon already, just need to fit it all.
Might give the M1100 risers a go along with the 14 tooth front sprocket and evotech tail tidy for starters.

Think I might just give the open clutch cover a miss, guess i prefer to keep all my oil in the bike ;).

Chris.

You can buy special windows for the clutch lol. I obviously knew you had that system lol :D

Albie
26-06-2014, 07:29 PM
Get a nice keyring for your key :)

Monster anniversary one:D

chris.p
26-06-2014, 07:49 PM
You can buy special windows for the clutch lol. I obviously knew you had that system lol :D

Would like a shovel or JCB to go with that Albie;)

Albie
26-06-2014, 08:10 PM
Would like a shovel or JCB to go with that Albie;)

JCB please Chris its worth more and I actually would rather sit and control my dig than physically do it.

here you go

http://houstonsuperbikes.com/i-14913732-ducabike-ducati-wet-clutch-easy-access-clutch-cover-kit.html

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

SunEye
26-06-2014, 10:02 PM
Oberon Clutch Slave cylinder makes the clutch a lot lighter
I find the clutch quite light (lighter than the M1100). This issue is often more that the biting point is early in the lever travel which is harder for most people to control. Aftermarket levers with a good range of span adjustment can make quite a difference. If you are replacing the levers anyway I would say try the new levers first before deciding on a new slave cylinder.

bazread
26-06-2014, 10:09 PM
New exhaust, sensor eliminators, tail tidy are the three mods I would choose to do first. After that plenty of carbon.

chris.p
27-06-2014, 05:43 AM
I find the clutch quite light (lighter than the M1100). This issue is often more that the biting point is early in the lever travel which is harder for most people to control. Aftermarket levers with a good range of span adjustment can make quite a difference. If you are replacing the levers anyway I would say try the new levers first before deciding on a new slave cylinder.

Having just come from 14 years of riding a 748, the clutch on the 1100 is Very light already :thumbsup:

Darren69
27-06-2014, 09:18 AM
Having just come from 14 years of riding a 748, the clutch on the 1100 is Very light already :thumbsup:

The 748 clutch is good training preparation for a Jota or Mirage. Although I think if I rode either every day I would have carpel tunnel problems :)

Black Bob
27-06-2014, 08:38 PM
Not being much of a "blinger" myself, more into improving the riding experience so I would say essential items are :

- lower gearing (drop one tooth at front or, better still, go up a few on the rear)
- decent exhaust ( i.e. something other than Termis)
- decent rear shock and get the suspension set up for your weight, etc
- rizoma mirrors - standard mirrors are way too wide and so vibey as to be useless
- O2 sensor eliminators unless you can afford a proper remap to smooth it all out
- oh, and a tail tidy does look much better than stock, so is probably the only cosmetic thing on the essential list - I still have to fit mine after nearly a year on the shelf!

chris.p
27-06-2014, 08:54 PM
Have added my comments after each line.

Not being much of a "blinger" myself, more into improving the riding experience so I would say essential items are :

- lower gearing (drop one tooth at front or, better still, go up a few on the rear) (picked one up from B&C EXPRESS today)
- decent exhaust ( i.e. something other than Termis)
( prefer the look of the termi's and also comes with ecu, filter and larger airbox intake, if you get anything else you need to get power commander)
- decent rear shock and get the suspension set up for your weight, etc
(Looking into this one at the moment)
- rizoma mirrors - standard mirrors are way too wide and so vibey as to be useless
(need to look into this one)
- O2 sensor eliminators unless you can afford a proper remap to smooth it all out
( See power commander web site, but you need the power commander as well)
- oh, and a tail tidy does look much better than stock, so is probably the only cosmetic thing on the essential list - I still have to fit mine after nearly a year on the shelf
(picked an evotech one up from Italia Moto today)

!

jonzi
27-06-2014, 09:36 PM
In response to needing a Power Commander

You don't

I took my 796 to Dave Woods and he remapped it

JP has taken his to Chris that works in the same work shop as Luigo whatshecalled in Bristol and had his remapped. All with out a PC.

Also, there is very little space to actually stick a PC.

Black Bob
28-06-2014, 07:23 AM
prefer the look of the termi's and also comes with ecu, filter and larger airbox intake, if you get anything else you need to get power commander)

And so they should for 1200 quid!

Albie
28-06-2014, 10:01 AM
I find standard mirrors absolutely fine and have done for 5 years. If I had £250 for better I would splash but they will only look better.

chris.p
05-07-2014, 02:01 PM
That's the 14th front sprocket fitted, quick ride into town and it does make a big difference :mand:

Checked the rear sag, there was none!!!!!!!!, so out came the C spanner and now sorted, have a rear static sag of 10mm and rider sag of 50mm. Just need to sort the rebound now :)

Checked tyre pressures and another shock, the rear was over pressure by at least 12psi and the front by 8psi :worried:

Next job will be (once they have arrived) the slightly lower risers, just put a bit more weight over the front.

Black Bob
05-07-2014, 02:29 PM
I find standard mirrors absolutely fine and have done for 5 years. If I had £250 for better I would splash but they will only look better.

I can't make out anything in my mirrors above 80 - the rizoma is smaller but vastly more stable.

And looks better - I just need a second one to make a pair.