PDA

View Full Version : Norfolk and Suffolk Aviation Museum.

Mr Gazza
25-06-2014, 05:44 PM
Just thinking out loud really....I am wondering if we could fill the gap between now and Stu's Mega-Muckleburgh run?

Don't want to over egg the pudding as it were (or the Cream Horn..!!)
But how about a run to Flixton near Bungay?
The Norfolk and Suffolk Aviation Museum is a very relaxed and interesting place, and is on the Norfolk and...ermm..Suffolk border.

http://www.aviationmuseum.net/

Thinking maybe we could entice some folk from the South of the county and hopefully some Suffolk Tullies too? All would be welcome of course...:mand:

Sunday 13th July is about half way to the Muckleburgh run and would seem about right provided it doesn't clash with something more worthy.

I have an idea for a run route, from the pub in Ringland, or maybe further north?
Folk would be welcome to tag on at any point.
Those coming up from the South might have their own plans for a run up to meet?

Just an idea...Any takers?

Stued
25-06-2014, 05:58 PM
Am afraid we are travelling up to aberdeen that weekend, otherwise it would be a certainty.

Busy manufacturing a holster......

Mr Gazza
25-06-2014, 06:01 PM
Busy manufacturing a holster......

The mind boggles...

Had also considered the 20th??

Stued
25-06-2014, 06:15 PM
Were travelling back from Aberdeen that weekend, could I be rude and suggest the 5th or 6th?

The holster is for the comedy blunderbuss, you do after all possess a mankini.

Mr Gazza
25-06-2014, 08:09 PM
6th is okay by me.
Still gives plenty of time to get the day sorted, and leaves room in July for more fun..:biggrin:

Just thinking that military type museums seem to appeal to the "Norfolk Three", but looking back through the Norfolk archives, it seemed to revolve around food imporiums a few years back....What do folk like to look at and do? Churches, Castles, Air Shows, Cake shops, Flower Shows, Open Gardens or just Bike shows?

popelli
26-06-2014, 05:51 AM
Sunday 13th July is about half way to the Muckleburgh run and would seem about right provided it doesn't clash with something more worthy.

Mallory are organising there "take over" of the festival of 1000 bikes this weekend

Not only have they taken this event over from the vmcc ??? they still owe the vmcc about £19k worth of gate takings from last year

so in this case it does not clash with something more worthy

Grumpy
26-06-2014, 07:14 AM
Should be able to make the 6th.....count me in.

Mr Gazza
26-06-2014, 05:20 PM
Okay.

Lets nail the date down to Sunday 6th July (Museum is not open on the Saturday anyway.)

I will aim for 10.30am as an arrival time at the museum for folk coming from the opposite direction. Or maybe that's a bit early?

Nearly scrapped this today, as yesterday got so exiting with Stu taking over as area rep, but I think I can still squeeze it in, even if July will be kinda busy. (Trying to build a rather large shed before September..!!)

A visit to Geldeston Locks might be a possibility in the afternoon? Or maybe Sothwold? Bit ambitious perhaps?

Making it up a I go along...:chuckle::chuckle:

Stued
26-06-2014, 08:15 PM
Gazza will try, work has thrown a curve ball, the geologists have said drill there, right there, and you shall find gas, and all that seems to be happening is the hole is eating the drill heads! Luckily our boys aren't too involved in that part of it but they're still out there, and need support, I must be thick cos I just realised that's why they've given me a blackberry.

Where do we meet?

Stu

Mr Gazza
27-06-2014, 05:15 PM
I've got a firm plan and times for this run now.

Details are on a new thread as this has become a bit messy with all my vague ideas..:freak:

Please look for "Museum Run with Chips at Southwold."

Edit...link added.; http://www.ukmonster.co.uk/monster/showthread.php?t=50065