PDA

View Full Version : DataTool Evo

Bull
29-01-2004, 03:28 PM
Hi all, Been of the road for about a year and off the site. Back now, Its taken a while after falling of mates bandit 12. Any way, I cant seem to get my engine to do anything and I think its my imobaliser, any advice on where its in line fuse might bee or how to remove the whole thing. Its a data tool evo, any advice much apretiated oh its a 900 with carbs:bunny:

superlight3
29-01-2004, 03:39 PM
Hi Bull.

If you have the Ducati Approved system then you can simply unplug all the connectors that interupt the ignition and fuel systems. If however your alarm is 'hard wired' into the loom then life becomes more difficult.

There is a master fuse in a small black-rubber housing. It's on a fly-lead off the main alarm harness and is usually put somewhere near the bikes main fuse box or under the seat. From memory if you remove the fuse altogeather then the bike becomes immolbilised anyway.

If there's any life left in the battery/alarm circuit have you tried putting the alarm in 'service' mode? This will normally return the bike to usuable condition, albeit with an annoying 'bleep' every 20 seconds or so!

Hope some of this helps.

Cheers.

Lee.

Bull
29-01-2004, 07:26 PM
Thanks superlight3, found the fuse and it had blown! Should be ok when I replace it tomorrow.