PDA

View Full Version : First week of Ducati ownership.

Birdy
22-06-2014, 10:28 PM
Well that's my first week of Ducati ownership over, I've clocked up 500 hundred miles on my M900 i.e. Dark, and I've loved every minute of it. As for tinkering time, that's not gone so well, I've tidied up the bodged wiring harness, inspected the belts, and come to the conclusion that the bike shop that I got my bike from are a bunch of liars, no way were those belts changed 800 miles ago, I've replaced the top yoke pinch bolt and adjusted the head stock bearings. Then there's the petrol tank, giving the tank a quick clean, I spotted what can only be described as a tiny lump of paint, as my tank needed a couple of dents removing and a respray I didn't think twice about picking it off, yep you've guessed it, petrol all over the place. So this leads to my question, where on earth do I get a new tank and all the fixtures and fittings from? The other half has given me the nod and told me to stick it on the credit card, so I'm going to town and replacing the lot.

chris.p
23-06-2014, 05:50 AM
Welcome, Ebay is your friend for parts, name and shame the dealer.

Darren69
23-06-2014, 08:07 AM
Yes ebay or here is a good source of parts. Make sure you get a tank from a ie bike not a carby one and preferably not a plastic one if possible.

Birdy
23-06-2014, 08:37 PM
Well it's just gone from bad to worse, I've stripped out the internals from my knackered tank, only to discover that the fuel pump has also been bodged, the outlet stub has at sometime snapped off the pump, the repair consisted of a tiny cable adjuster bolt from a bicycle that has been screwed into the pump to create an outlet stub for the fuel hose to fit onto, the hole through the bolt is about 3mm, surely that must of been affecting the performance? This is going to hurt my wallet.