PDA

View Full Version : High Beech Tea Hut

Dirty
20-06-2014, 11:58 PM
Apparently a popular bikers meet and under threat

http://www.hertfordshiremercury.co.uk/Cheshunt-and-Waltham/Save-the-tea-hut-Facebook-page-gets-more-than-5000-likes-as-High-Beech-hut-licence-put-out-to-tender-20140617083000.htm

http://www.morebikes.co.uk/help-save-high-beech-tea-hut-epping-forest/

https://www.change.org/en-GB/petitions/superintendent-of-epping-forest-and-the-city-of-london-leave-the-bikers-tea-hut-in-high-beech-alone-do-not-put-it-out-to-tender-and-recognise-this-place-as-a-part-of-local-history-and-to-start-listening-to-the-people-that-use-the-forest

slob
21-06-2014, 06:58 AM
signed.

what do you think the'yd do with it one they'd revoked the license?
http://www.thelasturl.net/img/teahut.jpg

MerlinPV12
21-06-2014, 07:57 AM
Signed :thumbsup:

Darren69
21-06-2014, 08:29 AM
Signed, even though it's not local to me.

Black Bob
21-06-2014, 09:33 AM
I think the Corporation of London, "which owns the site", needs to remember who it is that owns them.

Saint aka ML
21-06-2014, 10:03 AM
It is all about "Potential" customer base they just want to sell it off to highest bidder. Signed

Dirty
21-06-2014, 06:25 PM
Worth a bump to get a few more siggys. The hut as it stands probably pays more UK tax than any potential corporate replacement does in total!

slob
23-06-2014, 11:39 AM
Dear Supporter
With such dedication and support we have now reached over 6200 people in just a few days who agree the Superintendent and the City of London should leave the Tea Hut alone.
With such staggering numbers of you all in agreement we have started attracting attention from the local media and wider support from all manner of people who agree with us that some things just need to be left alone.
With such unprecedented support over an iconic local facility it is not surprising now that with your support people who can make a difference are starting to listen.
Local MP Eleanor Laing has taken personal interest in this issue and I will be meeting with her very soon to discuss our concerns and to listen to what she can do to help us.
By taking a few minutes to register your support each and every one of us has become a small part of the history of the people and communities that are part of Epping Forest.
I would like to ask you to take one more minute of you time and to share this petition once again to your friends and family to ensure that no one has been missed that might want to sign to become part of this campaign.
Thank You for your support

pompone
23-06-2014, 06:25 PM
Signed :) :)

Dirty
23-06-2014, 06:38 PM
We should organise a run up there one day/evening. As it's not too far away I have no excuse for not patronising it. (aren't you a clever little green tea hut!) :)

slob
23-06-2014, 08:39 PM
Sure, I pass by fairly regularly these days and have been on and off for thirty years

Grumpy
23-06-2014, 08:44 PM
We should organise a run up there one day/evening. As it's not too far away I have no excuse for not patronising it. (aren't you a clever little green tea hut!) :)

Count me in.

Sure, I pass by fairly regularly these days and have been on and off for thirty years

I haven't been for over 15 yrs, even though I pass by regularly. :banghead:

MerlinPV12
24-06-2014, 08:38 PM
"We should organise a run up there one day/evening. As it's not too far away I have no excuse for not patronising it. (aren't you a clever little green tea hut!) :)"

I've just pushed the petition link out to a Harley club friend of mine and the change.org server has crashed!

I'm up for a ride out to Hut and/or the corporations offices as necessary - I'm sure the Harley mob would join in too...

Saint aka ML
24-06-2014, 09:15 PM
"We should organise a run up there one day/evening. As it's not too far away I have no excuse for not patronising it. (aren't you a clever little green tea hut!) :)"

I've just pushed the petition link out to a Harley club friend of mine and the change.org server has crashed!

I'm up for a ride out to Hut and/or the corporations offices as necessary - I'm sure the Harley mob would join in too...

Worthy cause or not lets not go crazy here!!!!

Dirty
24-06-2014, 09:21 PM

Count me in.

I haven't been for over 15 yrs, even though I pass by regularly. :banghead:

Great, let me get this weekend out the way and we'll sort something.

Think the ride out to the Corp offices is a great idea too Merlin. You should suggest it to the facebook group page thing.

MerlinPV12
24-06-2014, 10:19 PM
Great, let me get this weekend out the way and we'll sort something.

Think the ride out to the Corp offices is a great idea too Merlin. You should suggest it to the facebook group page thing.

just seen this so it looks like the hut is the destination....

"The man behind the petition and a regular user of the hut, Paul Morris, will take a small delegation to the Guild Hall in the City of London to deliver the petition which will then be considered in July"

jarv
25-06-2014, 08:07 PM
I spent a great deal of my motorcycling "yoof" hanging out at High Beech, Whips Cross Tea hut and the 59 club.
I have signed the petition and told others to do so.
Even though I've not been there for years, I'd hate anything to happen to it.
It's almost a listed building as far as I'm concerned.
Let's hope this helps to keep it up and running as it has for all these years.

Dirty
03-07-2014, 07:26 PM
Saturday midday. Can do a run in from SE London or E14 if anyone wants?

http://www.ukmonster.co.uk/monster/showthread.php?p=489594#post489594

solomoto
03-07-2014, 09:37 PM
Signed and shared,

:)