PDA

View Full Version : Biking in NZ

arumsey
16-06-2014, 11:05 PM
hey all,

I've recently moved out to New Zealand. It's an amazing place for biking - long empty roads and the scenery is amazing.

If anyone is thinking of heading out here and would like a few suggestions of some great biking roads and sights, just give me a shout; I'm happy to help out!

Ride safe!
A

J.P
17-06-2014, 07:54 AM
I've been a couple of times to bike round the South Island with http://www.vfrnewzealand.com/index.php and had an amazing time, and visited many more times too.
Be careful during road repair season where then lay wet tar and douse it with gravel and leave it to the cars to bed it in, it's usually on the corners and usually very dangerous. :)

I'm jealous. Where have you moved to ?

arumsey
17-06-2014, 09:31 PM
Hey J.P

Glad to hear you've been out here! The view from the top of Box Hill is pretty spectacular, but a lot of the country here has views like that.

I know what you mean about the road resurfacing...I've been caught by that before, luckily in a car, but still caused problems. I'm in Auckland so not the most exciting of parts, but had to for work & visa reasons. Still, it doesn't take long to get to the pretty areas!

If you make it out again, hit the North Island and the Coromandel. The coast road is beautiful and made for biking!

A

Dirty
17-06-2014, 10:26 PM
The guy I used to share a van with when I was racing karts moved to NZ and became a biker, years before I got the bug. He got a Harley though so I don't talk to him any more :)