PDA

View Full Version : King of the Castle

MerlinPV12
13-06-2014, 09:54 AM
All the mechanical mods came together very nicely during my 10 day TT indulgence - 14-42 Renthal 521 sprockets kept her spinning nicely over the mountain and I found that I had the right gear more often - cruising is 86mph at just under 4.5k in 6th and no annoying vibration (on one way mountain section...) No issue with ABS after the sprocket change, but it has hit fuel consumption - but that could have been down to where I was as well!

Maxton front end is great, you still feel the bumps quite hard, but it doesn't unsettle the bike like it used to, Ohlin rear is 101% improvement on stock. Rear is now properly planted and I spend more time in the saddle! RCS with Bendix pads really made a difference to braking power and feel, Bendix pads are in the rear but have still to fit the RCS rear cylinder so not a massive change on the rear yet.

Sub frame and wheel weight reduction - I'm now used to it so its hard to remember what it was like stock but to me it feels a lot lighter - I've not found it necessary to push it so the TC kicks in and I've not spun up the back wheel yet, but I think that has more to do with the ratio change as first is now a "token gesture" to get you under way with a fairly short shift into second, from there you can pin it back and the rev limiter reminds you to again short shift. I think the most impressive change is the "roll on" acceleration when in 3rd and above, its now really eager to please! All in all very pleased with it and the clear clutch cover gets quite a few comments. Now having lived with it for a few weeks the cover only mists up if you do a short run and stop before the engine is warm. As soon as the temp is up, no more misting.
http://i1373.photobucket.com/albums/ag389/Duke1100evo/KingoftheCastle_zpsd3fb432d.jpg (http://s1373.photobucket.com/user/Duke1100evo/media/KingoftheCastle_zpsd3fb432d.jpg.html)

Stafford
13-06-2014, 10:27 AM
Nice one, bit of a fan of Bendix pads as well.

J.P
13-06-2014, 11:06 AM
Wow that's some money spent there. It looks really nice.

Mikemostro
14-06-2014, 08:35 AM
Really not to bad for a new monster :mand:
Personaly, I would have choosen a black color for the fork instead of the red ;)
Too much red on the bike makes the bike to "bling-bling" to me ;)
I really like the design of your wheels. The bike looks more "Racing" ;)
In any case, good job, you did a nice preparation :cool:

MerlinPV12
14-06-2014, 09:37 AM
Thanks guys - Mike I agree with the "too much red" = Bling and will be the first to admit that it is very bling at the moment, however I have a colour scheme in mind and all the body work will be changing over the winter so there will be less red. I'm taking a break from mods to just get out an ride!

As only a few people have read this thread I think its safe for me to admit here that it was me who arrived a smidge early for the tunnel run :biggrin: - respect to Dirty for not grassing, though I fully expect "Yellow Leader" to demote me from bling comander back to the ranks and have the rip taken out of me tonight :flamed:

Mikemostro
14-06-2014, 10:12 AM
I was also thinking about changing the color of my S4RS ;-)
The issue is the body frame red color ! You cannot do everything you want because of this ;)
The best option to me was Red with Black stripes :cool:
A friend of mine did this on his SXR and the result is nice !
http://www.hostingpics.net/viewer.php?id=904453vikings29032014.jpg