PDA

View Full Version : M750 oil change time

bluestoesonnose
07-06-2014, 06:44 AM
It's Ducati oil change time, so with "little joy" I took my partners M750 out for a thrash sorry ride over a almost sufficient distance of 60 miles to "warm the oil" taking care to "get a feel" for the bike through the bends to ensure the handling "hadn't deteriorated" and there weren't any "chassis defects".

Whilst on the ride I thought a low speed section was called for to check for rattles taking care to slow down for a tricky corner by down shifting at 6000rpm outside a mates house at 7 in the morning to ensure the 2" straight through pipes were "still clear" and "fully attached" to the bike!

Only one defect was reported, it requires a steering damper as it tends to shake it's head when exiting corners with "spirit".

Just love M750's, almost the perfect compromise IMO!

S4R next week, must remember to wind it back after riding the DBD34GSC for the last two months...

Nickj
07-06-2014, 10:40 AM
Changed mine and did the belts yesterday.

Wagging out of corners or anywhere is due to play/flex somewhere, I've always tried to fix the root cause rather than paper it over.
I've seen it cited that the monster wag is due to the slight frame change needed to fit the air box, there was on the original frames a cross brace. Quite a few DD's have a bolt on or welded on cross brace which seems to stiffen the head stock end of the frame.

bluestoesonnose
07-06-2014, 11:39 AM
It's nothing I'll change, more of a comment than anything else, the S4R is far worse and I can live with that, it adds to the character of the bike. If I wanted a stiff sports bike or even a supersports bike I'd have a 916, 996 or 998 but the Monster is so much more interesting for all it's little faults!

jerry
08-06-2014, 09:36 PM
Non of my ducatis have the headshake that so many people report but i do tune the suspension for compliance and always raise rear ride height by 10mm at least,