PDA

View Full Version : For Sale - 2005 S2R

Gilps
01-06-2014, 05:51 PM
Yes I'm afraid it's true. I've been deliberating over selling my S2R for 2 years now and have finally decided that it really does need to go.

I’m selling my 2005 S2R. It’s the 800cc version, in acid yellow. I’ve owned the bike from new and it’s been well looked after. It was dealer serviced initially, and then Louigi Moto has taken care of it since the warranty expired. I did 4000 miles in the first year, then then another 5k since 2006. Current mileage is 9034. It’s not been ridden in winter, always stayed in the garage in summer, then inside the house for 6 months of the year. It’s always on a battery tender. It’s taxed until the end of September. MOT is valid until April 2015. The belt service was carried out last year and I’ve just refreshed the braked fluid. All the keys are there along with all the paperwork.
An AFAM heavy duty chain and new sprockets were fitted less than 2000 miles ago. It’s currently got a 14 tooth sprocket on the front, but I have a 15 tooth too which can be fitted.

It has the JMo tail tidy fitted, but I have the original tail section and all the parts if the new owner wants to return it back to its original state. The indicators have been changed for Rizoma LED ones which are much brighter and clearer than the original items. The original indicators are included in the sale.
The bar ends are Rizoma ones which I thought looked better.

I also have some parts which I had fitted to the bike but I removed prior to the sale when I returned the bike to standard trim. They are not included in the sale but I will keep them until the sale is completed in case the new owner wants to purchase them as part of a separate deal. There are:
Brembo P4 callipers from a 749, fitted with Performance Friction pads
Brembo brake discs
Termignoni carbon silencers
Marving cat eliminator pipe
Pazzo short levers
Rizoma grips
Power Commander
Open airbox and high performance air filter
DPM mirrors
DPM side panels
Cyclecat rearsets

It's going to be on ebay but I would rather sell it on here. I'm looking to get £3,000 for it in its current trim.

Hopefully these pictures come up

http://s168.photobucket.com/user/Gilps/library/S2R%20Sale%20June%202014

Albie
01-06-2014, 06:10 PM
Lovely bike Paul and will be sad to see you monsterless. Its in fantastic condition.

Gilps
02-06-2014, 08:18 AM
Thanks Albie. It's a bit of a wrench selling it but I think the time is right. I really have a great deal of affection for the bike but I just love my SS more.

I was planning on hanging on to the Monster but oddly enough it was the Weekender which finally made my mind up. I had a really good chat with JMo. We were chatting about members on here who I haven't seen in ages but I would still think of as friends - Mand, Julie, Ruth, Sazza and Roger, Singletrack, and several others. We were discussing why the club is so successful and what is it about Monsters and this club that have generated so many good friendships, and even marriages. We came to the conclusion that there's just something about the Monster that brings people with the same outlook on life together. We're not all speed freaks, we like something a little bit left-field, we have strong likes and dislikes and we like our bikes to reflect our personalities. Pretty deep stuff. Anyway, it made me realise that I have many good friends on here and that I like hanging around in here and with the people from this club. It's not actually about the bike for me but about the people. It may be the bike that brings us all together but it's the people that make it what it is. When I turned up on the Saturday with my SS I was still made to feel welcome. I even tried to start my own naughty corner but Monsters then parked next to me. I'll still stop by in here just as much as before and I know I'll always be made to feel welcome, even if I'm not a full member.

utopia
02-06-2014, 10:17 AM
Sorry to hear that you're selling it, particularly after the rather touching story from the previous occasion.
Personally, I don't really think that any 2-valver is worth selling these days because they have so much more intrinsic "value" than their actual market value would suggest....if you see what I mean.
And I agree with you and JMo about the character of monster owners. Indeed, its a view that I have expressed myself on these very pages in the past.

Good luck with the sale.
For anyone interested, the ACID yellow is a particularly fine colour, subtly but significantly nicer than the "other" yellow, in my opinion.

sadbiker
02-06-2014, 11:50 AM
I agree its sad to see it go, at least your still with a Ducati unlike me who's on the Darkside. ��. But I don't have as much time to ride anything, MOTed Cors bike on weekend and that's done 600 miles since last one.

Allan
02-06-2014, 05:15 PM
Hi - Please let me know how much you want for the parts when you decide to sell them as I have now sold my 1100 evo and will be keeping my S2r ( The better of the two !).
Allan

peter
03-06-2014, 05:32 AM
first dibs on the decat please!

Gilps
03-06-2014, 08:14 AM
I'm not sure yet what will be left after the bike has sold. I would imagine the new owner would take the exhaust system and PC, but somebody may just be after a standard bike. I'll let you know when it's sold.

Zimbo
03-06-2014, 11:01 AM
A shame to see it go, but to anyone looking for an S2R you genuinely won't find a better example. I've known this bike since it was new and have ridden with it regularly, any time it wasn't being ridden it was sat in a heated conservatory being cleaned. I can vouch for the fact that it has been meticulaously maintained and well cared for all it's life.

Gilps
03-06-2014, 03:25 PM
It didn't hang around too long. It's now sold to a really nice guy who lives locally. I'm sure he'll be along shortly to re-introduce himself. Thanks for all your comments.

The cans, de-cat, and PC have been sold with the bike. Later on I'll list up all the remaining bling with prices. I'll keep the parts for sale on here for a while before sticking them on ebay to give members first crack at them.

Fatal
03-06-2014, 06:52 PM
It didn't hang around too long. It's now sold to a really nice guy who lives locally. I'm sure he'll be along shortly to re-introduce himself. Thanks for all your comments.

The cans, de-cat, and PC have been sold with the bike. Later on I'll list up all the remaining bling with prices. I'll keep the parts for sale on here for a while before sticking them on ebay to give members first crack at them.

Can you give me some notice when your listing the bits, so I can raid the Wives piggy bank:thumbsup::thumbsup:;);)

Alan H

singletrack
09-06-2014, 12:54 PM
Sorry it has gone Paul.
Hope the family are well.

Gilps
09-06-2014, 03:34 PM
Sorry it has gone Paul.

I was sad too Anne but a customer going bust and screwing me for 20k made the decision an easy one. As you know several of the parts came from you originally. All the bits sold in 4 days from listing them on here. Just goes to show there will always be a market for quality stuff from people with taste.

The family is doing well thanks. How are you liking life up north?

Gilps
09-06-2014, 03:39 PM
Sorry it has gone Paul.

I was sad too Anne but a customer going bust and screwing me for 20k made the decision an easy one. As you know several of the parts came from you originally. All the bits sold in 4 days from listing them on here. Just goes to show there will always be a market for quality stuff from people with taste.

The family is doing well thanks. How are you liking life up north?

singletrack
21-06-2014, 07:49 PM
Glad the family is well - shame about the Monster.
I am good thanks - being up north is suiting me, but no time to ride because our 2 year old grandson is now living with us. I forgot how tiring/tying kids can be!
Might have to sell my one and only bike as I haven't ridden it in the last 12 months and can't see any change I the foreseeable future.

Dirty
21-06-2014, 07:56 PM
Sell the grandson? :)

singletrack
22-06-2014, 11:35 AM
Sell the grandson? :)

Great idea, but I don't think I would get as much for him as I would the Hyperstrada.