PDA

View Full Version : Ranworth Staithe 31st May

StevieL
28-05-2014, 08:36 PM
Short on notice I know but the weekend forecast seems half decent, anyone up for meeting around 10.30 to put some faces to names, café and pub for refreshments any takers? Atb Steve

Mr Gazza
28-05-2014, 09:42 PM
Well done Stevie....A time and a place.

Will be there for sure.

Not sure whether to leave my wheel alone till after the meet..?
I have 15 thou runout on one disc and 4 thou in two bumps on the other...:eek:

.....Looking like two new discs...:mad:

Stued
29-05-2014, 06:03 AM
I'll be there......... if I can find it.......... nothing like adventure!

StevieL
29-05-2014, 06:58 PM
Wonderful, I can swing round by Catfield on the way Stu if its any help, are you anywhere near Haines Marine? How much thickness you got to play with on the discs Gazza, enough to true the worst one up?

Mr Gazza
29-05-2014, 07:50 PM
They are 3.99mm...Not sure if they can be skimmed though.

StevieL
29-05-2014, 08:30 PM
Minimum thickness according to my manual is 3.6mm so enough to play with, interesting though that I ignored your advice for MOT and went somewhere local thinking it would get a cursory once over and not be hauled about on the side stand ( which it didn't,
they had a shaped block for the sump and jacked it up ) but two of them were all over it like a rash and about the only thing that they left out was miking the discs, got a clean bill of health with an advisory on the noise level, no sense of humour some people but at least I'm satisfied that shes in good order. Ta for pm, anyone else fancy a ride out?

Mr Gazza
30-05-2014, 07:02 PM
Just popping the thread back on top....:mand:

Looking forward to tomorrow's little meet, might treat myself to a big cream horn or maybe a chocolate eclair..:banana:

Be good to see a few more local Monsters..:mand:

Stued
30-05-2014, 07:29 PM
Wonder if you can get the iom tt superbike race on the tt radio podcast.......

StevieL
30-05-2014, 07:41 PM
Gorgeous sunset up here on the coast, best bring a bib Gazza I eat with boatbuilders on a regular basis its not for the faint hearted...................
Looking forward to the morning swinging round by Catfield on the way see you all tomorrow atb Steve

Mr Gazza
31-05-2014, 02:19 PM
That went well...:biggrin:

A very pleasant meeting with Stuart and Steve. Good to meet you both, I am sure we will go far.

I had forgotten what a nice little spot Ranworth is....You can see the boats go by, you can hear the river answer.

Here is the record of our first Norfolk meet this year.
Stevie's Sparkling M900ie Metallic, Stuart's 600 with matching red Mudguard and hugger...Sounds good too.
I'm not parked in line on account of the pile of dog eggs.

http://i59.tinypic.com/n6oy9s.jpg

I will post up some details for the Radar run later.

StevieL
31-05-2014, 02:49 PM
Good to meet you both today, a pleasant spot to drink tea and remember exotic machinery like ES2's and Panther slopers, not too many kamikaze pilots on the journey, heres to the next one atb Steve :)

Stued
31-05-2014, 03:23 PM
Had a good time, was real nice to meet you gents, now busy polishing in the garage.........

StevieL
31-05-2014, 03:28 PM
That exhaust note requires no polishing Stu, music to the ears looking forward to the Radar Run atb Steve

Mr Gazza
31-05-2014, 07:37 PM
Re the radar run.

The only date available is june 14th as the museum only opens on the second Saturday of each month. Opening times are 10am to 5pm.
Guided tours lasting an hour and a half start every half hour from 10.30. (Highly recommended.) Last tour starts at 3pm.

I was planning to meet at North Walsham town clock for what I think is about a fifty mile run. I seem to remember it taking about 40 minutes when i tried it out last year on a beautiful evening.

Just debating with myself what a good starting time at Walsham would be. i'm thinking meet at 10.30, aim to pick up the 11.30 tour and then have some lunch at the museum....Any preferences??
There is loads of the museum to see that is not on the tour, so we could browse that for a bit, then go our seperate ways or ride on to somewhere else.?

Your thoughts please.

StevieL
31-05-2014, 09:10 PM
10.30 at the clock sounds good to me, will probably do the tour and lunch then head off.
Apparently I have a hedge that requires severe cutting, hadn't noticed it myself obviously not obstructing the garage door Atb Steve

Stued
31-05-2014, 11:28 PM
Up for it, 10.30 sounds good....... is the town clock anywhere near the market?

StevieL
31-05-2014, 11:52 PM
Yes Stu that's the one see you there atb Steve