PDA

View Full Version : East Kirkby and back.

Mr Gazza
26-05-2014, 07:45 PM
It was great to get out and meet some of the forum members face to face...Marvelous chaps one and all..:D
Good to see Smiffy in good cheer even if we did not get to speak...All the best mate.
Even met Utopia at last and didn't find out it was his 60th until I got home..Doh.

In defiance of the weather men I had a dry ride there and back and managed to cover 240 miles in total even though the google map says it is only 90 miles from me? Maybe it was all the meandering across the Fens.
I managed to do nearly all of it on empty B roads exept for about a mile of A47 and a horrible stretch of A16 from Spalding to East Kirkby....Got a bit lost in the Fens and I'm sure I spotted a bunch of locals building a wicker man....I didn't stop..! They've got some nice bends out that way though..:D

Nice to see a good turn out of Monsters.

http://i61.tinypic.com/ay6n9v.jpg

Only slightly dissappointed not to see any bevel Dukes But lots of Latins to oggle and Buells too.

I liked this more than anything....

http://i61.tinypic.com/29uyp9y.jpg

I had a long chat with the builder and found we had lots of common taste in bikes, he even let me swing a leg over his bike...Bit tall for me as it happens...But now I know a few tricks for when I build my own version of a 750SS... Nice bike, it made up for the lack of bevels.

I was a bit bewildered at first, by all the people looking at my bike. Then the penny dropped that I had brought it to a show:fou: I was pleased to see that they were not laughing, so maybe I haven't messed it up too badly..

Nice little day out....Thanks to all..:D

Mohawk
27-05-2014, 07:10 PM
Shame didn't know you were going. Richard and I went up in the car as we travelled on the Saturday and the weather was awful. You'll need to pop round sometime and see my bevel Duke. Even better to listen to than look at :-)

Mr Gazza
27-05-2014, 07:33 PM
Sorry I kept my trip a secret. I had always planned to go, but I literally only commited on Monday morning, on account of the foul weather that was supposed to have come. Turned out nice as it happened.

Not sure you would have liked my convaluted route, but hey another time maybe.

I am sure I saw Richard at the do, but I just assumed you would both be up on yer bikes, which I had not spotted, so I assumed I was mistaken....I Should have said hello anyway.

Pop round and see your Bevel Duke.?!! You don't have to ask me twice..:mand:...And I'll make sure I have plenty of batteries for my hearing aid too...:mand:

Just say the word and I'll be over on the Golden Wonder..:chuckle: